Clarisse's sketchbook
Done completely from imagination, no references were used. And yeah, those shiny purple things are magic mushrooms :D

[Image: jvOQshL.jpg]

[Image: 10y0aTq.jpg]

There is improvement between your hands drawn in traditional and in digital.

I think your environments are too blurry. Maybe you use the soft brush too much.
But your last enviro (with the magic mushroom :) ) doesn't really have this flaw, so improvement here too.
You could maybe add a background, it would add depth to your painting.

Keep studying !

Thank you so much Fincks! :) And yeah, I have to be carefull with the soft brush, I usually use it way too much ahah

A friend and I are doing a list of themes to illustrate, just for fun. The idea is to make an illustration, taking as much time as necessary to make it the best that we can do at this stage and in which we feel that we are applying everything we know.

This one took me a while and I'm not really satisfied, which only makes me want to work more and harder D:

[Image: G927e3O.jpg]

The lighting in that piece is nicely done. Though I will say that the water fall looks fairly static. Maybe you could impose a mistier texture to it.
Thank you so much StardustLarva! :) You're totally right, water is definitely something I must work on.

Today's gesture drawings, 1 minute each. I almost never draw a complete figure. I feel so frustrated about this... damn, I really have to push this harder

[Image: vDXPVMc.jpg]

[Image: jFSAhNU.jpg]

Reference-memory exercise, 15 minutes each part

[Image: ZHvafzn.jpg]
[Image: XjByQrC.jpg]

[Image: d28tBUG.jpg]
[Image: L0SZzOz.jpg]

Some nose studies and an attempt of digital portrait.

[Image: z2iVHNy.jpg]

[Image: Y9Kczph.jpg]

I'm really trying hard to focus on landscapes and environments, which I think it's where I have most difficulties at.
Amongst other things, the perspective is all wrong with these 2 studies I've made, and I feel that something is wrong with my process, I always feel it isn't the most correct/effective process at all, and I'm not being able to find a more effective one (any suggestions are very much welcome).
These 2 studies took me way longer than I'd like to admit, and even though, they look so crappy, damn. I wanna stop being a loser so freaking bad D:

[Image: FGXsQOul.jpg]

[Image: 5QNKxosl.jpg]

And here's a reference-memory exercise I did a couple days ago

[Image: cpsqtG3.jpg]

You are definitely making progress, just keep up the work and you are going to start noticing a lot of improvement. Being unsure about your process is a natural feeling at this stage, and it's one that I don't think ever entirely goes away. It's something to embrace in my opinion, the infinite number of ways that you can approach this stuff can be really exciting. From what I can tell you aren't doing anything 'incorrectly', just keep exploring and practicing and you will eventually fall into a rhythm. Having a process you are comfortable with is a uniquely personal thing that comes with mileage.

I like those environment studies a lot! I think that one thing you may not be paying enough attention to is your value structure. I'd recommend painting from life in order to see the relationship between color and value, I think that would be a really effective practice to add to your studies. It's really nice to see you thinking about fitting the small masses into larger shapes in that figure study too. Keep up the good work, there is a lot of potential here :D

Thank you so much Devin! Really appreciate the critique! With this you already made me feel better. And yeah, I have to do some studies from life, I've only done one. Thanks for believing in me, I'll try to match the expectations :D

More gestures, 1 minute.

[Image: r8qLbnI.jpg]

[Image: e9P23lB.jpg]

A hand color study : /

[Image: 2Hc1egPl.jpg]

A quick random landscape from imagination, no references were used

[Image: 85JAvpUl.jpg]

My first spitpainting that I made for the spitpainting group on facebook, under the theme "Mushroom Magician"

[Image: rmDeDo5l.jpg]

Some thumbnails for an illustration D:

[Image: 1FaZwuel.jpg]

[Image: VRkMl3Jl.jpg]

And a photo study, had never drawn a kiss before :3

[Image: 4HGoHuH.jpg]

Been off for a while because I've been really busy, however, I might as well post what I've been doing:

Some trees in ballpoint pen

[Image: ZlwGfN7.jpg?1]

[Image: PUD0GzF.jpg]

A few ideas for an illustration I'm working on, still very undeveloped. Damn, it's so hard to find comfortable positions to sleep with bears

[Image: 65B1gtnl.jpg?1]

[Image: JW9PVi7l.jpg?1]

[Image: aFdepwul.jpg?1]

[Image: lXk2025l.jpg]

[Image: vysYyVyl.jpg?1]

[Image: PAah1fLl.jpg]

And some rough hummingbird studies, really fun to do :D

[Image: 5oCiXVRl.jpg]

Some gestures in 1 minute each, feel so rusty because I haven't do this for a while D:

[Image: goDui1nl.jpg]

Quick leg studies, definitely have to do more of these

[Image: jRET68fl.jpg]

And a photo study, although the head is really undeveloped, because I was getting very tired, I feel that I've learned a lot of new stuff

[Image: h3TTVjg.jpg]

Really need to work on my faces, they're still pretty crappy :(
I think I'm going to push myself to draw/paint at least 1 face each day from now on.
The first is from yesterday and the second is from tonight.

Damn, those eyes... and pretty much everything D:

[Image: tFxepHAl.jpg]

[Image: mSfgRjBl.jpg]

Tonights portrait

I'M. SO. FUCKING. DESPERATE. BUT I'M NOT QUITTING. DAMN.

Btw, any tips for painting are very much welcome

[Image: juYyiI3l.jpg]

Patience! (Just like Justin Bieber's tatoo, he's a wise guy)
You're on the right track, there are some solid stuff here, just keep doing what you are doing and you'll succeed :)

Ahahaha, thank you so much rafa zanchetin! :)
I'll just keep pushing :)

Toninghts portrait photo study. Having mixed feelings about this one... : /

[Image: lGBnWwsl.jpg]

In order to solve my issues with faces, I decided to start studying each element separately. These are some studies I did today and yesterday, and I feel that I've learned something with these. Mouths still yet to come.

[Image: iaP04JC.jpg]

[Image: dTDcnah.jpg]

And some 1 minute gesture drawings that I forgot to post the other day

[Image: PMO4lE5.jpg]