ATP's Sketchbook. The horror begins soon.
[Image: RBNRSei.jpg]
Nonsense portrait of one of my friends.

[Image: v3Swdab.jpg]
[Image: GmliqtO.jpg]
[Image: US5buYE.jpg]
Hey, nice work. It looks like you've been studying the masters-- And if you haven't, you should! I think it would only serve to improve your particular style of drawing.

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
(08-06-2015, 10:39 PM)Bookend Wrote: Hey, nice work.  It looks like you've been studying the masters-- And if you haven't, you should!  I think it would only serve to improve your particular style of drawing.

I've been doing some heavy study of painters in the local gallery - we're lucky enough to have a broad selection of Edwardian and turn-of-the-century portraiture available to us. More recently, I've looked to Kopinski, Thompson and Cai for inspiration in my work. I've found it really rewarding, but I'm also conscious of the fact that I need to grow into my own working style as time goes on. But I've got time for that - no worries on my end!
[Image: IkuVk2W.jpg]
[Image: GMvriQp.jpg]
Sweet. That's some serious line work, there. I'm jealous, haha. Keep it up! Grin

Sketchblag

[Image: UgpCZsf.jpg]
[Image: tNjX9Kj.jpg]
[Image: UCo53pT.jpg]
Great studies-- And it's nice to see that you're taking notes. I think that's probably a pretty important part of the study process that many people neglect. I'm not excluded from that list-- It's something I should do more of.

Lately I've been drawing red lines over the mistakes in my memory studies, and my notes have been mostly mental. I think I'll take a page from your sketchbook, so to speak, and start writing notes to remember the issues I'm having more concretely.

Keep up the great work! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

[Image: zAeLhvm.jpg]
[Image: JxSJjfB.jpg]
[Image: zCIPe2I.jpg]
Nice! Keep at it. Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

[Image: Ortcten.jpg]
[Image: sDqWP58.jpg]
[Image: bFruD8n.jpg]
I love your linework!

Beautiful, just beautiful. Before long, you'll be drawing illustrations for Dante's Inferno. Grin

Sketchblag