Hello
So uh..thought I'd say hi, so hi.

Been surfing around and this place caught my interest from referrals. I'm just looking to really start growing, if possible from complete scratch and use all kinds of resources and opportunities possible here. Spent a few years floating, like some kind of modern nomad trying to figure out what I really wanted to do. So I'm a blank sheet essentially.

Came to realize that I always pore over graphic novels and character designs, and I'd like to follow in the footsteps of artists like Yoji Shinkawa, or Kinu Nishimura to list a few. Their linework is sublime. I pretty much have them under a notepad titled "I must strive to exceed."

So here I am, on the diving board so to speak. Somewhat nervous to dive. Wouldn't know where to start exactly to be honest. I'm going for the self-taught routine until I save up for classes. I've essentially set up general and realistic goals, got myself a nice small workspace recently as an affirmation to commit to the path I'm now about to step towards. Not looking for any handouts, but maybe uh..some direction to point me towards so I don't feel like I'm completely in the dark? It would be greatly appreciated! (Do I start with faces, anatomy or what? etc)

Also, I look forward to hopefully be part of a solid community.

七転び八起き -"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
| My Personality | My dA (In progress) |
Hiya! Welcome to the site and welcome to the beginning of your journey, I guess.

The way to start is to start. You've clearly got an idea of how this whole drawing thing works, so you've already got a leg up.

Start by doing what you WANT to do, and realizing what you NEED to study to get better at those things, then prioritizing them.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
Thank you for that suggestion! I've spent pretty much all day researching and organizing what needs to be done in between some doodling. There's so much information out there these days. I also checked my sketchbook to see that you left another advice so I'll definitely set up a tumblr very soon, seems like a good option to host images easily. Thank you for that too, it's very much appreciated.

So from your advice, I set up this whiteboard and decided on doing Faces first. Spent a few hours researching what's needed to study these and compiled a curriculum. Well still compiling actually as part of a daily set and guideline.
[Image: tumblr_n25mlaPbR11tvozloo1_1280.jpg]

Hope this is comprehensive enough for a start. Anything I can also use as a daily routine onto this list? I guess I'm pretty much cutting quick to the chase on my intro thread hehe

七転び八起き -"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
| My Personality | My dA (In progress) |