drowzyartist's Sketchbook
Star 
I joined a couple of months ago but never really posted anything, so I think I should start doing it now. I dont have many sketches at all because I work mostly over the original lineart. When uploading stuff I only recently noticed how much fanart I draw over my own characters. And that I haven't drawn much recently. So i guess I should do that.

[Image: tumblr_mw9wnjLwHW1rn0wwdo1_1280.png]

[Image: 4498984_orig.png]

[Image: tumblr_n2gz8xCmyN1rn0wwdo1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_n2i8tz87HY1rn0wwdo1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_mxb46o56XX1rn0wwdo1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_mujdmywzbi1rn0wwdo1_500.png]

[Image: tumblr_mx72vzusqf1rn0wwdo1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_mtx4ukNRYs1rn0wwdo1_1280.png]

[Image: 278313_orig.gif]

Seeing all the other people's portfolios being so awesome makes me want to practice more, because, really, everyone here is really talented and that's really great.

I think I should start doing more studies, but I don't really know where to start with that, and also practice environments, because I've never really been able to draw a nice background. If theres anyone that could tell me what I could do, or how I can improve, that would be really nice.
Welcome to the site!

I personally think that the best way to give yourself things to study is to start a personal project. Be it a game, webcomic, whatever. Once you have an idea you want to work on you'll automatically get some kind of focus.

Best case scenario it's the thing that will make you push yourself to study the things you need to learn in order for your project to be the best it can be. When it involves something you truly enjoy, it'll make studying the topics that relate to it enjoyable.

As you go along you'll become aware of the things you need to study and learn.

Designing badass warriors? Study anatomy and athletes to make your warriors cooler. Automatically that means you have a reason to improve your figure drawing and know what to apply it to. Making fantasy environments? Study and research strange and obscure flora and natural phenomena.

Making a comic? Learn visual storytelling and composition.

If you really care about your project and want to do it right, you WILL put in the time and effort to study the topics relevant to it, and that means nothing but improvement on your part.

And once you become aware of the things you need to work on, you can prioritize them by importance and start making a schedule if need be.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr