Nat's (life drawing) sketchbook
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to crimson daggers and to drawing in general. I'm not really in the habit of showing people my work yet (especially really talented people like the ones around here) so I'm a bit embarrassed, but I think it'll be really good for me to get over that, and it's about time! I want to learn and grow, so constructive criticism would be well received :).

I have a lot of life drawing classes coming up in the next 9 weeks (2 per week, so about 4/5 hours a week), and I'll be posting my stuff from those classes up here.

So here's a few from Tuesday afternoon, which was tutored life drawing with one model, using easels and charcoal/graphite sticks and working big (so sorry for the shitty wrinkly pictures because they were too big to scan):
[Image: DSC_0323_zpsfea3abcf.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0324_zps21334d04.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0331_zpsaeb3fb99.jpg]

And here's some from tonight, which is an untutored life drawing lesson with a choice of models and lengths of poses, I stuck in the 5-10 minute pose area, which means there are two models in these drawings. I used pencil in my sketchbook, then scanned it in.
[Image: LifeDrawing_zps46133cfe.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing2_zpsbb3b4c1f.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing3_zps56387c1f.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing5_zps45ee03ba.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing4_zps2c067209.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing6_zps9c9f4cc5.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing7_zpsd83da8fc.jpeg]
Nice start of your sketchbook here ! :)

Don't be afraid in showing your works, we're all here to help each other out :)

Keep it up and always experiment with different things !

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
Hey natalie, no worries. Were all embarrassed sometimes XD I would say learn the proportions well so that you can remember them from memory, Anatomy is one of the most difficult things to master, well that's what i think. Pay close attention to the forms of the body and face, your portraits could use more work/ refining. Keep in mind that the face is round, so the forms on the face should follow that pattern. And uh... keep on posting! Would love to see more stuff :D
Thanks for the comments and the welcome, guys :). I will keep those things in mind!

So here's my life drawing pictures from this afternoon's tutored class. We did some quick warm ups/cool downs with felt tip pens with different restrictions... for example sometimes we were only allowed to use 4 or 5 lines, or only using closed shapes to draw the body. I think the idea was to be loose and look at things in different ways. We also did some slightly longer poses (12-15 minutes) in graphite stick and charcoal to practice comparative measurements.

Here are the resulting drawings (again, massive paper so no chance of scanning):
[Image: DSC_0351_zps34eb7377.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0350_zpsb592d88a.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0349_zps65e8cdba.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0345_zpsa829367c.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0333_zps32f44272.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0348_zps667c60c8.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0347_zpsbc0a61ce.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0344_zps8f1951f5.jpg]

Hopefully there will be more on Thursday. I've also been doing some perspective practices so I might scan those in, too, when I have time... Anyway, that's all for now.
Good to see you're doing the whole figures in life drawings, and not leaving out the hands or the feet or leaving the face blank. If you want to take them further, you can try to emphasize the sense of weight of the figure's body in your future life drawings.

Focus.
Thanks for the feedback. I try and do the faces/hands/feet, but I have to admit, I sometimes leave them until last :/ I do try and make time for the whole figure, though.

I went to (untutored) life drawing tonight. I reaaaally wasn't feeling it :/, but here's what I drew anyway. Mostly 5 minute poses with two 10 minutes and one 15 minutes

[Image: LifeDrawing_zps50d2047a.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing2_zpsc36f113c.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing6_zps61f50215.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing3_zps82c4ac6c.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing1_zps65a36a5f.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing5_zps3b910207.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing9_zps68f0751c.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing7_zps8f0f6037.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing8_zps10d6c6b3.jpeg]
[Image: LifeDrawing4_zps14dc3154.jpeg]