Sketchbook
Bug 
Critical comments always welcome. The initial dump is not chronological, spanning about the past year. Also a bit of a test to see if I'm posting images correctly!

Hey! it's always nice to see a new sketchbook in here.

You've got some interesting stuff going on, that last face is particularly nice... I think you have the spacing on your brush set a little too high, I don't know if that is intentional but it gives your paintings sort of a weird pixely look sometimes.

Keep on studying and have fun :)

(05-02-2014, 07:40 PM)JJ Aaron Wrote: Hey! it's always nice to see a new sketchbook in here.

You've got some interesting stuff going on, that last face is particularly nice... I think you have the spacing on your brush set a little too high, I don't know if that is intentional but it gives your paintings sort of a weird pixely look sometimes.

Keep on studying and have fun :)

Hey! Thanks for the well wishing much appreciated :)

I've made a lot of these in very limited painting software with no brush settings! Shifted over to Photoshop and Painter recently. I think the time that's gone into all these doodles could've been better spent getting a good feel for more advanced software. Blushing

Some gestural and figure studies from today.

started reading "Figure Drawing for all it's Worth".(Have a lot of books(pdf) and have yet to really read through one) I told myself I would read through the whole book got about 1/7th the way in! The proportional break down was clicking and felt quite liberating, I wanted to take right to the drawing and make sure I did understand the information, every cue to "draw these a lot" contradicted my initial aim to read through the whole thing. Part of me wanted to jump ahead (I know this don't I? Do I know this? Do I know nothing?) part of me wanted to nap, I got frustrated when confused (part way into the perspective diagrams) feeling unable to absorb information and indecisive over what I should be doing.This is futile, complete waste of time thoughts blahblahwhinecry. This happens a lot

-I neeed to draw a lot of forms in perspective
-working with tone feels far more comfortable/natural than line

Made a few 30-60sec gesture drawings.
Drew a few heads, made a few studies from "Der Nackte Mensch" being mindful of the interconnectedness of the muscle forms

hey Jamie

Glad you 're reading the good books. I, too, started with Loomis.

For this kind of learning, Ithink it's better to read one chapter/section and draw the plate many times.
Like for examples, the Proportions plate (8 head figure) You should do like 10 of it to it sticks in your mind and become an inconscious information later.
I know it's very hard to stick to one thing and draw it many times, but it's the right way to do it and it will save a lot of time (you won't have to go back to it later)

Gesture are looking good , be sure to do TONS of them

good luck with your nexts