Mike's Sketchbook

I've been a long time follower of the crimson daggers and i've been drawing for 19 years. I'm on a couple other forums so i won't bombard you with my sketchy stuff from my books, but i'll definitely put up some of the stuff i'm working on.

I'm open for critique and tips.

For the first picture: I've worked a couple hours on it, and stuck on shaping the dunes. I'm finding some good reference to help the process. As for the main guy in the picture I should maybe send him farther back in space and scale him down to heighten the sense of depth and create the illusion of space (i'm working in my paint, so i'll have to do it when i transfer it into photoshop). I feel like his skin should have an oranger tint to reflect the hues of the desert and i feel like the face needs harsher shadows covering up the majority of his face. I'll keep trying to find some good reference and ill try messing with it for a couple of hours until something clicks.

I'm still alive everyone, just studying in private instead of posting. I just entered a contest and won somehow. The theme was to do a bio mechanical picture of their mascots. There are some issues that i'm working to fix through studying and working on my sketching process. This picture i skipped the sketching phase because i had zero ideas, which is not a great way to draw/paint. Live and learn.