CRIMSON CHOW #4 - M'Lord WIP
Hello Daggers!

Welcome to the Crimson CHOW (Character of the Week)! This is a biweekly challenge which was created as a way to hone your skills in design and character creation, in a fun and competitive way. Each challenge, we will give you a short character prompt and it is your task to interpret the character as you imagine it, with your own unique spin. The winner will be chosen through a poll in the finals thread, and in addition to being able to pick the next challenge topic, his/her piece will be featured in the "Crimson Champions" Winner's thread!

This topic is brought to you by the winner of CHOW #2, Rafa Zanchetin (http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-5446.html )

"M'lord, the King sent a crow this morning...he gathers us for war," the servant reported breathlessly. Seated at the center of the banquet table, the head of his House took a long sip from his goblet in deep thought, then with a smile roared, "Assemble the men, and raise the banner! We leave at dawn's first light."

Your task: Design the Lord of a House (in the same vein as Game of Thrones) and (OPTIONAL) design that House's Crest

Guidelines:
  • Photo textures, 3D, and traditional mediums are allowed.
  • There is no restriction on the character's gender, time period or culture.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.
Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up). No back views are allowed without a front.
  • Only ONE character please.
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • Sketches, WIPs, or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Have fun!

Deadline is Sunday, October 19 @10pm GMT

Idea sketching
[Image: WfeuibG.jpg]

Oh no, nate's gonna kick some ass.

Exploring some faces.

[Image: fta4aoq.png]

2 brothers, both lords. One: a cunning and cold strategist, the second: a charismatic diplomat known for his extravagant festivals.

Me trying to be a real artist and doing real thumbnails and shit.

[Image: 2Re7DHR.png]

I'm not sure if it fits too well with the theme but here's my try. Won't try to continue it but as always it was fun to try to think about it.

Mildred Tresian , Lord of House Tresian.

Her House words are "Unity in All"

Let's just say that in combat ... she's quite versatile.

Attached Files Image(s)

Updating.

sketching out ideas. They feel too generic, probably will experiment further.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

More thumbnails.

[Image: V5Bv4IB.png]
[Image: S6TqWud.png]

Really loose prelims. A little too warrior like perhaps, but I like a few of these actually this time at least.

Attached Files Image(s)

couple idears. Not sure what i'm going for yet.

[Image: Mlordsecond2_zpsacb4bb4c.jpg~original]

Decided, onto render

Attached Files Image(s)

Woooo everybody much design, such cool!

Lines and block in, still a bunch to do/fix
[Image: EIPzByL.jpg]

procrastinating render, slow going. gonna have to stock up on female face ref/studies

Attached Files Image(s)

-work in progress. busy week, hopefully I can finish.
I like the stork, but its a little too "Wheel of Time" -Might go with a moth or butterfly for the house sigil like in my initial design...dunno if this pose really captures the spirit of the prompt either. ;\

[Image: 15369377960_f878cb1c50_c.jpg]

[Image: 15368388039_70ecc2cddf_c.jpg]

uuuh i never post in these here are my sketch and studies; I'll try to post in these WIP threads more

Attached Files Image(s)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
woke up earlier and did these! I'm joining super late because the day job suddenly snatched all my time for the past week without me expecting it : (
maybe I'll be able to make the deadline, haha. I did some pencil sketches for the crest as well as general silhouette earlier, wish I had time for more though!

Attached Files Image(s)