My 1 year goals
Hey everyone!

So I think it's about time that I set myself some goals! I have to put myself back on the right track. Since I've finished college, I haven't been as productive as I was during college. While I was studying, I was drawing every single freaking day. I guess what really helped me that I was surrounded by motivated people and that animation requires a shit ton of work.

I've recently read the book ''The Power of Habit'' by Charles Duhigg (seriously guys, go read that book! It's really insightfull!) and it has really enlighted me on what made me so productive at school. During college, with the help of my school schedule, friends and willpower, I have built myself a weekly routine that helped me push myself to the fullest without realizing it.

So now, I see that I need to rebuild a routine to keep pushing myself and since at this moment, I have to become more self-taught, it is the perfect opportunity to do so! Here are my goals for the next year!

1. By using my knowledge on habit, I will build myself a weekly schedule by changing my bad habits into good ones. Like these:

-Every morning, I will do a 30 minute study (from life, artist and etc.) and then another 30 minutes were I sketch whatever I feel like sketching. (I'm already doing this one!)

-After I've finished that morning routine, I will stay in front of my drawing table/computer to work on my current project. (I've noticed that I'm more inclined to work more during the rest of the day by doing so)

-When I see or hear a computer (that is not my personal laptop) that is turned on during the whole day, I will go read a couple of pages of a book.

-Before going on the internet, I will make a list of sites to check just once and do nothing else.

-On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, at 9:30 pm, I will go on the internet.

-At 11 pm, everyday, I will stop whatever I'm doing and go to bed. Also, at 7:30 am, I will get up and do the Alexander Technique for 15 minutes. (It's for my back)

If I notice any other bad habits that I have, I will change it into a good one.

Now for more Art related goals:

-Every Wednesday night, at 7pm, I will go to my local life drawing class to better my anatomy and gesture drawing skills.

-On every other Tuesday, I will go to the library to borrow a book to read (on Art or any other subject I need to read upon).

-Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday is a Tradionnal Drawing Day

-Every Tuesday, Thurday, Saturday is a Digital Painting Day.

-Sunday is a Digital or Traditionnal day. My choice.

Personnal goals:

-I've made some calculations and with my current part-time job status, I can buy a new computer and a new tablet within a year. I'm am saving my money for that as soon as I finish paying this one bill I want to get rid of. It won't take long so don't worry!

-Meet my art friends more often and meet new art people to stay motivated.

-Find an Art-related full time job. I want to work in video games but if a stumble upon an animation production, that will do too. I'll concentrate more on indy studios for now.

-If I do find a full-time job, I change my weekly schedule accordingly.

As for what kind a Art I want to do, I want to do Concept Art, Illustration and maybe some Matte-Painting later. I'm going to write more on that next week so until then,

Toureloo!
-J.

Always open for critiques!Thumbs_up
My Sketchbook

My Tumblr

My DA