James's Sketch Book
Landscape from the same area

Character Designs

Matte Painting

Sketch Sorceress

Nothing like some Wright to spruce up a sketchbook! ;)

You might want to add some effects at least (or maybe even add some tension to the pose?) to the sorcoress to suggest she uses / is using magic.

The matte looks good, though I'd suggest that you examine landscapes to get a better idea of the lighting scenario. At the moment the castle elements still look a little pasted in due to the lighting (the tower at least would probably catch some rim-lighting coming over the crest to the left), also, I'm not 100% sure, but I imagine the landscape is 3 elements (the nearby mountain, distant mountains and mid-ground forests being seperate elements?), if so a slight hue/value/sat adjustment might be needed to bring them into line with eachother.

Great work though, the paintings from life are excellent.

Thanks Mactire, will do

Goggles an Armor Studies

Head Drawings from Workshop

Oooh that first one is awesome man! Great work.

Thanks Ursala

Sketches

ah - the sketches are wonderful - love how you catched the light and the dramatic pose in the lower right is just great.

Thanks Wolken

Architecture studies, put this in the need to improve list

Great pencil studies! Love the body suit studies up there as well, would be cool to see some of your own interpretations of those.
Heads and armor sketches

Love your pencils man, digging the architetural stuff and the faces!

Thanks Ursala and Dennis,

Male Heads and soldier study

Great face studies man, workin hard.
Thanks dennis

Figure drawings

Woah there have been some serious steps forward since the last time I clicked through your sketchbook. Nice work! All of the character work on this page is really nice. I especially like the hindu influenced female character development sheet.

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
Thanks Pierce,

Creature sketch before going to bed

Everyone is so good at pencil, i need to maybe do more traditional :(. Looking forward to see if you develop that sketch, looks like you could push a lot of those ideas in it.