Into the Maw
Oy. I am a newbie. Heard great things about the site and I've seen some impressive Artwork crowding the Digital Halls here. I just wanted to drop my stuff by for some good old constructive criticism. Love to read what you think :)

I hope you enjoy... and I hope this works.... the preview doesn't seem to let me see any of the uploaded jpegs.
orionschaos: hey cool stuff! you have some great compositions and interesting shape language going on in here.
My crits are mainly at your rendering. The idea of values are there, but i look at some things like the bigger dragon in the first image's face, the edges are really strange and blurry. in the final image i think you could improve it by maybe scaling the side out a bit and moving the two characters to the right so they aren't right on that tangent of the crystal in the background.

I think it'd really benefit you to study portraits actually. few of your characters seem to have faces, they're more just like a shape (A cool one at that!) also studying portraits would improve your understanding of form/values/contrast, which would go a long way with these non human looking creatures you have. You definately got the cool/design factor down; just always come back to the super basics it's surprising how much it helps.

Maybe even try to do something less ambitious in an illustration as well, like just nailing a face or something; eventually that stuff becomes second nature and easy. cheers

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Thanks for the Critique and the nice words too.

I do agree my rendering does need a lot more work. :) Always great to hear what other people see when I've stared at something far to long. The whole can't see the forest through the trees thing. :) I will definitively be doing a lot more portraits in the future.

You Have a great time as well Fedodika