Light and shadow help
So, I have learnt all other fundamentals (more or less, I still need practicing) and I am left with this one. I really don't get how to do this. I have bought CTRL+Paint course on light and shadow, I have listened to Sycra's course and I know in theory very well. I try to apply it in practice, on some random shapes and I come up with a drawing. But I don't know is that really how shadow should look like. I don't have anything to compare it with. How to check if I had drawn something right?

Please help me, I am desperate :( I so want to learn this damn light and shadow, so I can finally start drawing real stuff, I am sick and tired of spheres, cubes, cones and cylinders. I know it is important to leanr that, but it is boring to constantly draw them.

PS. I know there will be suggestions to draw from life, but it is difficult since I only want to learn how to draw shadow shape and I don't have a lot objects I can practice on and also I can't do much with light, since there are at least 2 different light sources and that screws up everything I want to achieve.
You're gonna be drawing those shapes for the rest of your career (with your choice of subject matter of course but you will have to simplify the forms to the 5 basic ones or mixes of them). They are the five basic forms with which you create everything. I understand it can be a frustrating process, and I think it would be a lot easier to help you if we could see the piece of work for the shadow you did.

and one of the fastest ways to improve is to hammer your fundamentals (look at pro athletes what do they constantly come back to practicing and doing well? The fundamental skills, perfecting them and constantly working on them, it's the same for an artist ;) ).

Scott Robertson has a book coming out in nov that covers shadow it's called ' how to render' that may help you out. If you post up your piece with the shadow you worked on I will be able to give you better feedback I would think.