Hello
Hello daggers!

I am Chris, 28 years old, from Germany. I was been heavily into art around 2005. Back then I almost went to art school. But at the very last minute I decided for something different. So I studied something non-art-related, I got a job, I made a career. I always told myself I would continue to pursue art on the side, but I never really did.

I'm not planning to quit my day-job in order to become a full-time artist any time soon. As a matter of fact, I do love what I ended up with doing for a living. But at the same time, I don't want to wake up one day when I'm old and realize that I never pursued this dream because I spent all my spare time lying on my couch surfing the web. I've done enough of that in the last couple of years. Now I feel like trying something new:

I'm going to make this craft a priority in my life. I'm going to put in the effort and dedication to learn how to draw and paint! And I'm going to finish pictures to a presentable level!

I'm a huge fan of 2D animation, obscure science fiction, academic art, and stories with sad endings. You can expect my own art to be inspired by these things.

Looking forward to studying with all of you! Wisecracker Party
Hi Chris! I look forward to seeing your art and (hopefully) your ongoing improvement.

What kind of obscure sci-fi are you into? I'm curious what is considered obscure by a German. :)
My favorite sci-fi TV show of all time is Lexx (particularly season 2). My favorite sci-fi movies include Barbarella, Eolomea, and Alphaville. I also love Bladerunner and the 5th Element, although I would consider these mainstream.

Edit: also Dark Star, Strange Days, eXistenZ, and Magnetic Rose I should probably mention.
Never heard of Eolomea or Magnetic Rose, I'll have to check those out.
Eolomea is an old Eastern German movie from back when it was still a communist country - I don't even know if they ever translated it into other languages. But if you can find it, it is definitely worth a watch, if you can appreciate slow paced movies.

What movies do you like, parus?
Oh, all sorts. I studied film a bit in my early 20s. Was really into French and Japanese new wave directors. Also, Russian stuff like Tarkovsky was very influential with me. And Bergman, Bunuel, Kubrick, lots of others. I guess most of the films I watch are pretty old. Lots of old black and white samurai films...never gets old. I love a good western too...I'll take a look around and see if I can find Eolomea. Watched a trailer...looks pretty cool.