starr's babbu art
Hey all, I'm new to the forums. I recently decided to buckle down and really get serious about becoming an artist. I'm currently a BFA student but did not concentrate in drawing/painting until this semester, which is unfortunate because I graduate next semester. Right now the plan is to go to an atelier school after I graduate, so I'm working towards that. I was lucky enough to do a summer atelier session at the Grand Central Atelier in NYC and I fell in love with the atelier scene.

Here are some of my goals for this month:

Month of November
Draw at least 50 faces (currently at 3/50)
Draw at least 50 hands (currently at 4/50)
Work through Figure Drawing For All It's Worth
Draw lots!

Thanks for checking out this thread! Any feedback is most welcome :)

Sketch of a skull I'm going to render
[Image: fBWNDYe.jpg]

Some gestures
[Image: Q5yrsGG.jpg]

[Image: AzioIV0.jpg]

[Image: 1LEROef.jpg]

Today was not a good day for drawing faces ):
[Image: ImilhlC.jpg]

Hanndddzzz
[Image: TBtKRzH.jpg]
Hey welcome!

Cool stuff so far, as for your goal - make sure you dont rush through studies too fast. Especially at the start. You want to be nailing proportions and forms etc as much as possible. If you fly through too many head studies you might not learn as much, just my thoughts anyways. But any studies good in the end, keep it up!

Thanks for the advice! I agree, right now I'm trying to do one longer study and then shorter studies with it to break it up, I plan on doing some longer rendered face and hand studies as well :)

Some more hands
[Image: S1YJ89p.jpg]

Some more faces, still bad but maybe slightly less bad
[Image: FxG5oo8.jpg]

Sketchy start to my skull study
[Image: 8baEtuS.jpg]

Gestures warm ups
[Image: 9hDpYsX.jpg]

[Image: tqIO7h6.jpg]