ABANDONED HIDEOUT
Some studies i've done this week:

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-02-13%2Bat%2B4.47.47%2BPM.png]

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-02-14%2Bat%2B6.43.59%2BPM.png]

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-02-11%2Bat%2B2.57.41%2BPM.png]

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-02-14%2Bat%2B7.23.35%2BPM.png]
Did a paint over for Art44

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the comments guys, great work too everyone!

Trying to study like this; do some quick sketches of a vehicle then a long, accurate perspective drawing from imagination using some of the proportions / features. Cars and planes or whatever aren't so interesting to me but it's nice way to practice all the techniques of section drawing - and they can be fun to draw too.

[Image: Z3HGlwg.jpg]

[Image: CwqghjW.jpg]

WIP, not finished yet

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Morning study

Attached Files Image(s)

Caisne I really like that one, much more colourful than your usual cities.

Finished my car, turned out pretty screwed up in the end but will keep trying:

[Image: 3A2AcNm.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
@caisne : cool study and thank for the paintover , really helpful :)
@JyonnyNovice : awesome work , yeah man keep it up Thumbs_up

another line art :
a place full of rocks

[Image: uHm1D2J.jpg]

any crtis , welcome
@art44 THats much better, mang!

Been working on this one for the last few days

Attached Files Image(s)

JyonnyNovice Thanks! Having a photo to draw from solves the problem with finding gestures with construction lines, balls or boxes. When drawing from the mind it's much more failing and searching for the pose for me.

Caisne Nice! Looks much better here than on deviantart with its bright background. Love your latest illustrations in this universe. You mentioned that it looks a bit too flat to you on the stream, so I thought I'd share my ideas on it with a paint over, hope it's ok.

So the first problem, I think, is that the shape of the tall orange windows on the building in the middle ground look smaller than the same shape in the background, so I made the ones in the background smaller.

Second thing is the small buildings. It's a little bit too hard to see them there, so I added contrast to them with fog and separated the layers more.

Looks like you didn't show the ground intentionally, but I still think adding some ground plane is worth considering. Also thought the purple light is a little too bright (not sure what's supposed to be the main point of interest) and added more small shapes/details on the building in the background so it looks even bigger.

My manipulations changed the main subject of the picture from background to middle ground, but hope it'll help at least in some way. Had all these thoughts and couldn't keep them just to myself :P

[Image: 16564566692_065d692c7e_o.jpg]

Also noticed when you were zooming in your stream on the city just how cool it looks. With just the dude in the foreground and the city lights. Like a frame from a movie :D Love your stuff dude!

[Image: 16378270088_e801d1223e_o.jpg]

[Image: 16539930656_059efc3763_o.jpg]
Holy fuck man, thats so much better. Thanks for the best crit Paul. all makes sense. will make this changes tonight.

quick sketch from tonights stream

Attached Files Image(s)

Nothing too exciting to post here, just trying lots of things to memorise the skull, these are half reference half imagination drawings from the last few days:

[Image: FpHiUhj.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Another take on that comp:

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-02-26%2Bat%2B3.47.26%2BPM.png]

(02-27-2015, 12:32 AM)JyonnyNovice Wrote: Nothing too exciting to post here, just trying lots of things to memorise the skull, these are half reference half imagination drawings from the last few days:

[Image: FpHiUhj.jpg]

That's the spirit. Keep it up! You're doing an awesome job with your studies.
great work everyone

@caisne : awesome work man Tongue
@JyonnyNovice : great studies
@aumes : you are going great with that piece

[Image: NU4KZRI.jpg]

[Image: v9Lv1j8.jpg]
Art44 Thats a very cool environment dude! did you use ref? for the green parts, are you using the lasso tool?

Caisne the environment is looking sweet, nice colors, also Paul, great critique and over paint, i totally agree and now the piece has much more atmosphere and focus. Keep going strong Hide out!

@Art44 Really cool stuff man
@Aumes Hey man, nice story as I said before, but i guess you should add more variety to rocks, right now its too vertical. if you know what i mean,

going out of control. today's animal studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying to design creatures - did some sketching tonight

Attached Files Image(s)

Aumes Thanks for the comments man! Nice painting so far.

Art44 Great landscape man! The blue in the shadows of the rock is a little overpowering but awesome work still.

Caisne Awesome creatures, that one bottom left like some kind of boar? Looks cool, like he has a house on his back too.

Some stuff from me, trying to get better at faces still. I really struggle with the brow, showing how it recesses underneath, and eyes are a big trouble for me - I try doing the sockets first and putting spheres and wrapping eyelids across them and also try just drawing them straight in but always ends up kind of wonky / stretched / something wrong. I'll keep trying!

[Image: 2F4uSqC.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
So I've been crawling around here and decided to start posting my daily stuff . So , there's that
[Image: tumblr_nkiask1eYm1u2itq9o3_540.jpg][Image: tumblr_nkiask1eYm1u2itq9o7_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nkiask1eYm1u2itq9o6_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_nkiask1eYm1u2itq9o2_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_nkiask1eYm1u2itq9o1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_nkiask1eYm1u2itq9o4_1280.jpg]

Sorry for unloading a lot of stuff. Peace.

@Caisne : Cool Sketches , can't wait to see one of them finished .
@JyonnyNovice : Great studies , keep up the good work .
@NinoKitteN : love the flow on those studies .

[Image: LjKvjz8.jpg]

[Image: 0Yweytg.jpg]
Caisne: Great studies and work as always.
Art44: Your landscapes are coming along really nicely, keep it up!
Paul: man that paintover crit. Now that's a paintover.
Johnny: Love the work ethic. Faces are damn hard. I realised during the course of this illustration that I couldn't do women's faces (or anything about women for that matter) for shit. This will need work.
NinoKitten: beautiful line of action and rhythm! And welcome

I put together a gif of some of the stages for my illustration. I think I ruined it in the last step. Was under deadline and couldn't see the forest for the trees. I haven't been studying much, been too busy trying to get my freelance up and running and breaking up with my girlfriend. I'm a frikkin mess actually. T.T

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta