Sugary Cereal Character Design Challenge
I'm teaching some peeps about character design and shape language tonight and came up with a prompt to focus in everyone's efforts.

I wanted to share the challenge with the Daggers and see what everyone comes up with.

Here it is, you've just been hired by an advertising firm to design some mascots.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need you to design the new mascots for "Castle Crunch" cereal, a disgustingly sugary breakfast product being marketed to America's youth. It has shield and crown shaped marshmallow bits and turns milk blue.

The company is looking for two characters to use in marketing and animated TV ads.

Character 1:
"Sir Munchalot"

Sir Munchalot is a slightly comical knight that is guarding delicious Castle Crunch cereal in the land of Crunchalot.

Give us any ideas you have and be sure to incorporate the brand's Colors of Blue and Yellow (See attachment)

Character 2:
"Drake the Dragon"

Drake is a sneaky dragon that is always trying to steal delicious Castle Crunch from Crunchalot Castle.

Drake needs to be primarily orange, avoid using red as that color is not part of our brand. (We don't want consumers to confuse him with "Gumbo the Gator" from Cinnamon Cajun Crunch Cereal.)

Drake can't be scary, we need to sell to kids not scare them.

Bonus Round: Design Gumbo the Gator from Cinnamon Cajun Crunch.

Be sure to some your work people, post sketches, thumbnails, and make your finals look very polished as you are making final art for a product, we won't be stopping at the concept phase.

Finals are Due December 4th (two weeks to work on this)

Livestream Crits/Paintovers: www.twitch.tv/mike086
Loomis Study videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mike086

My Facebook page: MCIII