My sketchbook, nudes, fantasy and studies!
Hi everyone. I was on CA for the last year and recently there was a lot of shady business going on, I didn't really have a clue what was happening but people seemed to be leaving and someone recommended Crimson Daggers so here I am :)
Starting my sketchbook here and hopefully I can get some tips from you guys. I will start with some random bits of my work over the last year. Although it's probably worth noting this will be my 'better' work. I plan on going back to basics and studying more because I am still a bit of a noob and have much to learn!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man-- Welcome to Crimson Daggers!

Really awesome to see your work progression. You've really come a long way in a short amount of time. I think that as long as you keep studying and working at the things you have trouble with, you'll continue to rapidly ascend to the ranks of awesomeness.

My piece of advice is to draw stuff around you, like objects on your desk, your room, and random people. There's some pretty great classes here, too, if you explore the forums in more depth. :)

Some of them are inactive, but the assignments and the critiques are still up to read about and do: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=61

There are also Bloodsport challenges: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=31

Keep working hard! :D

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Cheers dude, is this Misty frmo CA yeah? Just checking :P
i haven't been able to study much because of uni but I am going to hopefully get some free time soon!

Oo what's the bloodsport challenge? sounds bad ass

Hi there, nice work you have. I must say that progression you've shown with the eye in the first one is very impressive! Your creature stuff is quite well rendered. Loving your rendition of Bulbasaur with a cactus as its bulb.

(12-14-2014, 09:50 PM)learningasidraw Wrote: Cheers dude, is this Misty frmo CA yeah? Just checking :P
i haven't been able to study much because of uni but I am going to hopefully get some free time soon!

Oo what's the bloodsport challenge? sounds bad ass

Yep, it's Misty. :D

Use up that time to enjoy artness. :)

Yeah, you can see them bloodsport challenges under the last link I showed you. :D Pretty neat. Some of the challenges aren't on the forum themselves, but under Dave Rapoza's blog thingie. Not too difficult to find, though.

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!