greetings
Hi there!

I've never joined a community like this before, and I'm giving it a shot. Drawing can be such a solitary experience, and I've been putting off alternative ways of socializing with like-minded people for far too long. When I talk about art to non-artist friends, I often feel like I'm talking to a wall or am unsure as to whether I'm making sense at all.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to checking out everyone's work and sharing my stuff. I went to school for art, but that was more than a decade ago. After a long and varied career in tech (UI, front-end dev, interaction design), I decided to get back into illustration and make a radical career change. There are so many resources now online for teaching oneself, that I feel like I'm quickly able to pick up on where I had left off, and further develop my life drawing skills. Honestly, I really question the value and quality of my fine arts education, but nevertheless, it's really up to you to take it to the loftiest level that you can, and that extends outside of the art school walls.

If you want to check out my work, it's at: http://jqln.org. I don't know if realism is a style that I want to develop into, but I plan on doing studies and improving my figure drawing.