Hi guys!
My name is Gavin , i'm 23 years old and i'm from Dublin, Ireland. I'm currently studying classical and computer animation in BCFE. This year is almost over and then i've one year left. The ambition is to get into visual development/character/creature design. I love doing everything, I know I should probably focus on one area first though! I'll link to my blog and da at the end for anyone interested. Can't wait to get involved in the awesome community :)

So yeah i'm going to get a sketchbook going and start posting all the fails and gains :)

Hey Gavin, awesome work already man. Just keep working away and enjoying it, I'm sure you'll get to whatever goal you want. Welcome!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(04-21-2015, 07:54 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Hey Gavin, awesome work already man. Just keep working away and enjoying it, I'm sure you'll get to whatever goal you want. Welcome!

Hey thanks man I will do and hopefully with time! :) I gave your stuff a follow on tumblr and facebook!

(04-21-2015, 06:18 AM)Xenzo Wrote: My name is Gavin , i'm 23 years old and i'm from Dublin, Ireland. I'm currently studying classical and computer animation in BCFE. This year is almost over and then i've one year left. The ambition is to get into visual development/character/creature design. I love doing everything, I know I should probably focus on one area first though! I'll link to my blog and da at the end for anyone interested. Can't wait to get involved in the awesome community :)

So yeah i'm going to get a sketchbook going and start posting all the fails and gains :)

Hi, Gavin!
I've checked out your work. And it's really inspiring to see people who are as good as you are!
I love this one: http://gavinodonnell.tumblr.com/image/105606394436
You really get the vibe from the painting!
And I have a question, was studying animation useful to you as in getting better? :P
(04-24-2015, 04:47 AM)SarahvanLee Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 06:18 AM)Xenzo Wrote: My name is Gavin , i'm 23 years old and i'm from Dublin, Ireland. I'm currently studying classical and computer animation in BCFE. This year is almost over and then i've one year left. The ambition is to get into visual development/character/creature design. I love doing everything, I know I should probably focus on one area first though! I'll link to my blog and da at the end for anyone interested. Can't wait to get involved in the awesome community :)

Hi, Gavin!
I've checked out your work. And it's really inspiring to see people who are as good as you are!
I love this one: http://gavinodonnell.tumblr.com/image/105606394436
You really get the vibe from the painting!
And I have a question, was studying animation useful to you as in getting better? :P

Hi Sarah!
Thank you very much but I still have a long long way to go!
That image you linked was done after watching a bunch of Anthony Jones gumroad videos, they're all pretty awesome especially the dynamic lighting ones https://gumroad.com/robotpencil.
And yes of course, you know we do a ton of life drawing, character design, 3D etc but I try to learn online and from books alongside college work. Try and learn from as many sources as you can.

A wise man in my college said ; 'Don't listen to anyone, but listen to everyone.' :)