O'Donnell's sketchbook
Finished that Pied Piper piece :)

[Image: 4ULGrF1.jpg]

Hey man! I have to say, I really respect your workflow because you try studying with various materials and seem to be staying put of your comfort zone working in acrylics and all that 0:

Keep it up, you're one to watch holy crap @_@

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(05-15-2015, 08:52 AM)smrr Wrote: Hey man! I have to say, I really respect your workflow because you try studying with various materials and seem to be staying put of your comfort zone working in acrylics and all that 0:

Keep it up, you're one to watch holy crap @_@

Thanks alot dude, yeah I find it helps to try and not be in your comfort zone as much as possible. A great way to improve indeed :)

A few spitpaints from the last days

the balloon seller
[Image: IBSBNye.jpg]

Terrifying mouth
[Image: VfId1eS.jpg]
[Image: V9dLDee.jpg]

More spitpaints from the last few days, really enjoy these!

Facecollectors
[Image: s7bh82G.jpg]
[Image: oZ6VHbO.jpg]

Hooded Stranger
[Image: qwCbtV2.jpg]

Summer Flowers
[Image: GEAmpIl.jpg]

These were a mixture of the topics White Spider and Brain Sucker
[Image: tBO4BUW.jpg]
[Image: KruM1WR.jpg]

This is an older image that i've tried to apply some crits too, not sure what else I can do to make it better. If anyone has any tips/crits ; more than welcome to suggest

[Image: 8YpGgli.jpg]

Hey I'm loving the creepy monsters on this page, this painting style reminds me of Antony Jones's work, very cool keep them coming!
For the painting above, I like the energy and the dynamic feel to it, yet my eye keeps going to the sunset in the horizon, it keeps attracting my attention. Because it has a totally different color palette according to the whole painting, that's attracting the most attention. Otherwise it has great believable waves to it, nice work!
(05-26-2015, 11:25 PM)chrisfernz Wrote: Hey I'm loving the creepy monsters on this page, this painting style reminds me of Antony Jones's work, very cool keep them coming!
For the painting above, I like the energy and the dynamic feel to it, yet my eye keeps going to the sunset in the horizon, it keeps attracting my attention. Because it has a totally different color palette according to the whole painting, that's attracting the most attention. Otherwise it has great believable waves to it, nice work!

Hey thanks so much for the crit man, you were absolutely spot on. I tried to apply the things you've said :)

[Image: Kn1b2ix.jpg]

Something new i'm working on , as always any type of critique is welcome. Thanks for looking.

[Image: MW85mlY.jpg]

The new painting looks really great! I really like the details, colors and composition! Just a little tiny thing about it: The left upper corner looks a bit flat to me. Maybe try to add a bit more texture to balance the image at this point. The rest looks fine to me! :)

Keep up that wonderful work and have a nice weekend! ;)
Thanks a mil for the feedback man will be posting up the revised piece soon!!

(06-05-2015, 06:18 AM)eliyah153 Wrote: The new painting looks really great! I really like the details, colors and composition! Just a little tiny thing about it: The left upper corner looks a bit flat to me. Maybe try to add a bit more texture to balance the image at this point. The rest looks fine to me! :)

Keep up that wonderful work and have a nice weekend! ;)

Big art dump of daily spitpaints , some more successful than others.

D-Virus
[Image: 9V4XEvO.jpg]
Alpine Butterly
[Image: 1u41gZN.jpg]
Blood something
[Image: 6hsL9Uc.jpg]
Chaos Slime Beast
[Image: 5D375GZ.jpg]

[Image: kQiM8Ve.jpg]
D-Virus2
[Image: XAIgPY8.jpg]
Eternal Wonderer
[Image: rnioMsj.jpg]
Evaportation
[Image: sISbwGV.jpg]
Mark of the Curse
[Image: u6Sj8Sh.jpg]
Mark of the Curse
[Image: X4vJsWo.jpg]
Melon Smile
[Image: eFbIR5i.jpg]
Oversized hats
[Image: oHucdEj.jpg]
[Image: qMMRgHX.jpg]
Chaos Slime Beast
[Image: cvKuR9e.jpg]
Tree Battery
[Image: kdHCutn.jpg]

I'm really liking these works, what I like the most is the control of the edges, if you could combine that with the lighting and focus on detailing a bit the more important zones of the painting (for example the face) while keeping the less important stuff loose and unfocused as you do, you've got some good stuff going!

Applied some crits to this piece, think i'm finished. If anyone has any last thoughts; more than welcome to share. Cheers

[Image: X5wyL8C.jpg]

Woaah, I'm loving this so much, I don't even know what to crit to that one because it's so well achieved. Maybe adding some darkened foreground elements to help with the composition and give it even more depth?

I'd love to see more of these!

Thanks again mate :)

Another few sketches from life drawing class trying to push gesture and weight

[Image: 7Helq1D.jpg]
[Image: YiEW2UP.jpg]
[Image: P99Kqyz.jpg]
[Image: 7eLkAmW.jpg]
[Image: RrA7EkN.jpg]
[Image: iJgamTW.jpg]

Thumbnail exploration for the next piece. Inspired by a mission in the Witcher 3 where a ship ends up at the top of a mountain and is there for a long time before found. Which one is your favourite?

[Image: 5wq5WlJ.jpg]

A work in progress, from the previous post. Been looking at the likes of  Ruan Jia , Theo Prins

[Image: n3OAeuz.jpg]

How did i Miss this sketchbook? *sighs* great stuff! I can definitely see the inspiration from Theo in the last piece, since I like landscapes as well :D

Keep up the good work man!
(06-21-2015, 03:27 PM)Zearthus Wrote: How did i Miss this sketchbook? *sighs* great stuff! I can definitely see the inspiration from Theo in the last piece, since I like landscapes as well :D

Keep up the good work man!

Thanks very much Zearthus!  :)

More studies from life
[Image: qJ8JWBB.jpg][Image: dinCkaX.jpg][Image: ROwpQWF.jpg][Image: u6FSldF.jpg][Image: 2t3jK19.jpg][Image: 1s7ITq1.jpg][Image: Gg2yce8.jpg]

Hey guys , looking for any thoughts or crits on this. It's a bit of an experimental palette, not totally sure if it's working or not? Like I said before I was looking at the likes of Theo Prins. So yeah any thoughts at all are welcome :) Cheers!

[Image: xAiF8jw.jpg]