CRIMSON REVOLVER 11 - Redesign WIP
[Image: zpdl1OW.jpg]

This week: Wildcard!

This week's topic comes from Eduardo Garay!
(http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6230 )

You have been hired by a budding concept art studio that is looking to bring fresh talent to the scene. During your first week, your boss asks each member of the concept art team to create a redesign concept of an older game to generate buzz and attention for the studio. The studio will vote on a winner who will then become concept art lead and live the rest of his/her days in happiness. This is your chance to shine!
  • The game can be from any console generation, although the older the better
  • Your piece can take any format (character, environment, portrait, illustration, etc.)
  • When submitting to the Finals thread, you must write the name of the game you have redesigned and/or a short description of the character/creature/environment/scene/etc.

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • Only ONE final entry please.
  • Sketches, WIPs, or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll.
  • Have fun!

Deadline is Sunday, May 3 @10pm GMT

C'mon guys its really fun, i promise.
My pick this challenge is one of the 3 badass female knights from Vandal hearts 2, captain Lyra.
I still remember being in elementary school, and renting this game every weekend haha.
Up to that point i had only played things like donkey kong or megaman, then this game came and ruined my childhood with a story that would make a song of ice and fire look tame in comparison.

This is the inital concept.

I haven't decided what I'm gonna do exactly yet. Perhaps redesign the dude:

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
man, I just found that there's a relatively recent remake of this game for xbox 360 or something. I feel empty inside.
Anyways here is some WIP. The guy became a girl...
I have included some items that the character wears in the original game, but we only see them in the inventory menu.

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
I didn't make it on time :(((((((((

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
Me neither btw super tight lineart Artleech! i wanted to make a full scene with a 3d character and a painted background as a "remake screenshot" of vandal hearts but texturing the model is taking me much more time than i anticipated.