Victor wants to CREATE!
Did this one today, tried out that Koi Pen, didn't liked it, kinda ruins the paper :( I think I can't use it a lot, just for some touches.

[Image: CWtr3Ca.jpg]
I think I'm getting the hang of those pens :D

[Image: S8cu5lT.jpg]
My mom was asking for some paintings to hang in the kitchen wall, so I made this guy, I'll make another one also, since she have 2 frames

[Image: WNbUeQY.jpg]

I can see that I can improve a lot of things but I don't know how and where, so I'm calling it done. This time I started painting with color from the start, it felt easier and harder to get lost, but I don't know if the colors and lighting are right, hope they are :P
[Image: vOgdnIl.jpg]

[Image: CzrHvKr.jpg]

Struggling to give volume with pen. Freaking hard D:
One more! :)

[Image: MPvVycT.jpg]
Hey Victor,

Going off what you've said about not knowing where to improve and struggling to give volume to your pieces, I would say try to hone down the hatching. 

Hatching can be your greatest friend or your worst enemy. In these ink drawings there's a hint at where you want the shadows to be but most of the hatching is placed along the length and breadth of the shapes - more like you're just filling up blank space than considering the shapes themselves. More importantly texture is what gives an image that further sense of form. The shape and density of hatching you use shouldn't be the same for the whole drawing - it will remain flat. 

I hope that gives you an idea. Here's one of the oldest examples if ink drawing and woodcut etching - Albrect Druer:

[Image: 3a8602fff3cf7263dea896a8cc7a9086.jpg]

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
(10-09-2015, 06:48 AM)RottenPocket Wrote: Hey Victor,

Going off what you've said about not knowing where to improve and struggling to give volume to your pieces, I would say try to hone down the hatching. 

Hatching can be your greatest friend or your worst enemy. In these ink drawings there's a hint at where you want the shadows to be but most of the hatching is placed along the length and breadth of the shapes - more like you're just filling up blank space than considering the shapes themselves. More importantly texture is what gives an image that further sense of form. The shape and density of hatching you use shouldn't be the same for the whole drawing - it will remain flat. 

I hope that gives you an idea. Here's one of the oldest examples if ink drawing and woodcut etching - Albrect Druer:

[Image: 3a8602fff3cf7263dea896a8cc7a9086.jpg]

Hey RottenPocket,

Thanks for the critique! Yeah I feel that my ink drawings are really dirty, that's not the way I want to go, I'll try to reduce the number of hatching and apply what you said, thanks a bunch! :D
The inktobers of day 8 and 9, trying a new pen, Zebra Brush Pen, really linking it, but my drawings is all dirty, I'll try to reduce the hatches and do a cleaner linework next time :)

Also, instead of just looking at a reference and reproducing it on paper, I'm trying to create new stuff and merging things togheter, I look at references now to try to understand the shapes of what I'm trying to draw and then apply it.

[Image: O6ZmlXw.jpg]

[Image: uEgWkua.jpg]
Day 10 of inktober

[Image: xFR2oYk.jpg]
Made some fixes on the penguin regarding the color harmony, temperature and the fish. Also, the other penguim that will go on my mother's kitchen wall :P I can see a slightly improve over the other, and that makes me happy :)

[Image: j5bJ28g.jpg]

[Image: FWBQdO9.jpg]
Day 12, trying out some more stuff, this time with brush pen, micron and ball point.

[Image: 6uB7mn8.jpg]
I was trying new things again and I tried to mimic a little bit what Maciej Kuciara does with ink, and I really liked the way it looks and the proccess of it, think I'll stick to it and level up now :)

[Image: 34g12ya.jpg]
Really liking to work like this with ink, just need to do it cleaner now. Here's another heavy metal dude, this one I think you all know :P

[Image: MQSHr9E.jpg]
Some time without posting but I kept doing the inktober, I was experimenting some things and I was really tired these days and that reflected into the drawings, I know I can do much better, but today I did one that i Kinda liked, I think I'll stick to this style to the end of the inktober, it's simmilar to the frog, that was my favourite drawing.

[Image: MNbpRp8.jpg]
One more :)

[Image: 4nCakAe.jpg]
These are the last ones I've made for inktober. It's been really busy this month due to college, I want to get back to my normal schedule of studies, but I'm really pushing my self to do the inktober, and it feels great, I think it's becoming a second nature to pick up the sketchbook and start drawing on it :D

[Image: LPhZr40.jpg]

[Image: NrUwRpm.jpg]
One more!

[Image: u15lnqg.jpg]
Cool inktober drawings, that lion is really nice!

Just gets better and better every page, Awesome stuff
(10-25-2015, 09:35 AM)lurch Wrote: Cool inktober drawings, that lion is really nice!

Thanks!

(10-27-2015, 01:19 AM)MatthewVermeulen Wrote: Just gets better and better every page, Awesome stuff

Thanks Matthew! I can see a little improvement also, from the first inktober drawing to the last, and it makes me happy :D