Heyo
Greetings all,

My name is Mathias and I am a 22 year old Dane living in London.

I heard about the Crimson Daggers when I was browsing Daarken's tutorial website Enliighten, and thought that an online illustration study group sounded like a brilliant idea!

And so far it hasn't disappointed. I've been watching a good deal of the videos so far, and I'd have to say that the critiques and general knowledge that you guys give out, especially on composition and general pointers have been incredibly helpful to me so far, and I greatly appreciate your, and everyone else's.

Personally I am very new to 'proper' drawing and painting. I have always been interested, but it wasn't till recently that I decided that this is actually what I would truly love to do with my life.

I currently work at a market research company in London, and when I am not working I am studying how to draw on my own. Currently I am working on anatomy using Andrew Loomis' book Drawing for All Its Worth and it is proving brilliant, though somewhat riddled with encrypted messaging that can be a pain to decipher on your own! I've recently purchased a simple bridge camera and I am using it for reference photos, and it has helped so far.

I am hoping to join some anatomy workshops once I feel a bit more confident about my abilities, but for now I am visiting museums here in London during the weekends and trying to draw various statues and sculptures as I can't quite afford live model studies ^^

I also use photoshop. I quite like the idea of painting digitally. At the moment I am doing a monthly webcomic for a guild wars clan that I am part of, to try and force myself to at least get some work done in photoshop and to maintain my stylus and tablet skills.

And that's it for me, for now! If you got through it, thanks for reading, I am looking forward to learning alongside you guys!

-Mathias

Opinions are like assholes... we've all got one of 'em
Blog - DA Profile "Eraza" - CD Sketchbook "Mathias' Markings"
Hey again

Thought I would throw up some of my images to spice up the thread a bit!

[Image: 076.jpg]

Me!

[Image: Moon-Elin-1-2.png]

Digital paint over I did for a friend a few years back

[Image: Egbert.png]

Drawing of Eggbert from Warcraft that I did with my mouse before I got a tablet

[Image: Creeper.png]

First experimental drawing I did when I bought my tablet

[Image: ThePinkParadox-Intendedpurposeofclones.png]

My first webcomic for my Guild Wars clan

[Image: ThePinkParadox-Koss-1.png]

My second webcomic for my guild wars clan

[Image: Dragon.png]

At the moment I am working on the third Guild Wars comic. When not doing that I am sketching a dragon which can be seen here. After my comic is done (hopefully tonight or tomorrow) I will be starting a personal project which will probably take around a month's time. THEN I have to do another comic, and THEN I can finally go back to learning anatomy >.< I so want to just go back and learn right now, but too much stuff is keeping me from it.

That's my update!

Hey again all,

Back with another update.

The other day I decided to make a blog so that I can track my own progression and accomplishments since I am trying to teach myself to draw and paint. I am hoping this will help motivate me to keep going strong.

http://mathjorgensen.blogspot.co.uk/

So far I have just made one entry and explained my intentions, but I plan to be updating it as I finish my various studies. At the moment I am working on anatomy and I will be for quite a while, so if you're interested I invite you to follow my blog and if you have any questions I will gladly have a chat!

That's it for now

-Mathias

Hey again,

Quick update. I finally decided to make a blog of my own to mainly track my progress but also to just write about art, things and stuff!

http://mathjorgensen.blogspot.co.uk/

Come visit, if only to feel better about your own work! ^^

Hey Mathias! I just wanted to say hello, normally these threads are a little quiet.

Feel free to jump over to the Sketchbook section and make yourself a thread there :D

Great to meet you Mathias, hope to see more of you around and watching your work and skill progress. Love your elf picture.
Cheers =)

I've followed your suggestion, Laura, and created a sketchbook at http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1380.html

Will keep updates coming there instead of here. If that isn't enough I'll even drop my blog link here for anyone who enjoys that sort of stuff. I am doing my best to keep it updated, but I think I need to try harder!

-Mathias