Crimson CHOW #11 - The Getaway Driver
Hey Daggers!

Some of us are game in participating in CHoW for this week, so I'm taking from pnate's CHoW write up and welcoming CHoW #11! 

It won't be a biweekly thing like Nate was doing - just whenever y'all are game! So here goes!:

Welcome to the Crimson CHOW (Character of the Week)! This is a challenge which was created as a way to hone your skills in design and character creation, in a fun and competitive way. Each challenge, we will give you a short character prompt and it is your task to interpret the character as you imagine it, with your own unique spin. The winner will be chosen through a poll in the finals thread, and in addition to being able to pick the next challenge topic, his/her piece will be featured in the "Crimson Champions" Winner's thread!

Here is the passage:

""Don't screw with me." the driver smiled as he whispered to the bloody, wounded figure in the back seat of his Viper SRT. "I won't be getting you anywhere if you don't follow my rules." he said as he gripped the steering wheel, patiently awaiting the signal. 

Your task: Design "The Getaway Driver" - male/female/humanoid, your choice.

Guidelines:
  • Photo textures, 3D, and traditional mediums are allowed.
  • There is no restriction on the character's gender, time period or culture.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.
Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up). No back views are allowed without a front.
  • Only ONE character please.
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • Sketches, WIPs, or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Have fun!
Deadline is Sunday, July 19 @10pm GMT

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
K, I've gotta get a move on with finishing this because Schoolism course starts in 4 days!

Studies so far, I'll post the thumbs when I fix my scanner ._.

sketchbook | pg 52

Looks good smrr! Looking forward to seeing your thumbnails! 

I like this idea and I want it in my portfolio, so I'm going full ambitious-mode with this thing. It's late at night so I can't start doing studies but I have an idea and I'm going with it. Now I'm streaching the prompt so his/her carriage is named "viper" and instead of "steering wheel" I'm going for reins. Other than that, I should be on point. My idea is that this is a getaway driver during the Victorian period. 

Here's my sketch for the general idea and composition. I really like concept art where it's more than a static character so I'm going to try and make this an exiting image as well as a good design. I'll get on to some studies tomorrow.  

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Farting designs in my hand and smelling it: Exhausting what I know (dat double entendre tho)  before I settle on something and tighten shit up. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook 1   -    Sketchbook 2   -   Tumblr
Aaaaaaaaaaah guys! Lookin' good <3 <3

Aww shiiet Jakkkkkkkk, even though we live on other parts of the globe, we seem to be influenced by similar things hnnnnnnnnnnnnng. (also I lol'd at your write up)

quick, dirty roughs.
thumbs (these may not mean _anything_ to anyone haha, but I know what's goin' on:

clothing ideas,

trying to *feel* her character

sketchbook | pg 52

I'm so scared -
I have this
feeling in the pit of my stomach
regarding this CHOW
I'm...
workin' on...

*ahem* so now I've _definitely_ got to finish this. hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
:D

sketchbook | pg 52

Great job on all the sketches and brainstorming all!
Hell yeeeeess Cricketts! Welcome to the party <3 !

rough lines done:

sketchbook | pg 52

Flat colours down, now to render! 
gogogogo-! pushpushpushpush!

sketchbook | pg 52

Hi guys!

So these are some notes I did yesterday about the challenge. I will work on it a bit more today and start painting the character u.u

I'm trying to run away from the first picture that came to my mind, like a super sexy girl with tight shinning uniform. Let's see what happens.

I think I put my ideas down for now. I'm gonna start from there. I'll probably stick with this maybe change little bit here and there but that is it. And I won't make any background :|

I liked what you guys are doing. Tristan had an amazing ideia about the Victorian period. Let's see this rendered smrr :)
Cool skethces Cricketts!

hope this doesnt sound too stupid of a question but can i use a motorbike as a getaway vehicle or do i have to use the viper ?
Hellllllllllllll yesssss you can, buddy!

The excerpt is just that, an excerpt. It's just there to give you an idea really ^ ^ you can stray from it as much as you like!

Thinking outside the box should be praised because you're using them creative muscles.

sketchbook | pg 52

Okay, now I need to try and balance freelance and this to make the deadline. 
I just need to work on the costume design and then paint everything. 

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
failed to finish this on time , but i hate rendering anyway so meh

Attached Files Image(s)

WIP shits.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook 1   -    Sketchbook 2   -   Tumblr