Timur's Sketchbook
Hi Guys! 

Last week I decided I have to start somewhere, so I bought a small molskine with the intention to fill up 1 to 2 double pages with exercises/studys. This was my fist week. All was drawn with photo references, and a ball pen. Tips and critiques are very welcome :)

hey! studies are looking great!
nice lines on the skulls.
(07-13-2015, 09:11 PM)VoodooMama Wrote: hey! studies are looking great!
nice lines on the skulls.

Thx :)

Studies are looking neat, nice linework. Replicate what you studied immediately after from memory to make it stick.

(07-14-2015, 02:16 AM)crackedskull Wrote: Studies are looking neat, nice linework. Replicate what you studied immediately after from memory to make it stick.

Thx for the advice! I tried something similar by copying from a photo, and then trying to mirror my own copy. I will try to do it from memory though

Made this black and white contrast drawing of peppy girls. I used a pencil and pentel brush. No references.

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome study, really love your skeletons

Hey man
I like your studies! Keep em coming!
I would really encourage you to grab a graphite (these fat sticks, the softer the better) and try to go wild with them. It really helps with gesture confidence and is in the end more forgiving than a brush/felt pen. Try that for a couple of pages!
Great work so far! Fill dat moleskin :)

[Image: rUfiMf1.png]
(07-14-2015, 10:14 PM)badbaddog Wrote: Hey man
I like your studies! Keep em coming!
I would really encourage you to grab a graphite (these fat sticks, the softer the better) and try to go wild with them. It really helps with gesture confidence and is in the end more forgiving than a brush/felt pen. Try that for a couple of pages!
Great work so far! Fill dat moleskin :)

Thanks for the big up guys! Good tip, I will pick some up the next time I am at the artstore :)

Hey man welcome aboard! Great studies thus far. One thing that you might find fun to do is probably make the background behind of the things you put, pitch black with a marker :D Like the skeletons at the top for example, I can already imagine it making the skeletons pop out some more.

Keep at it buddy!
(07-14-2015, 11:06 PM)Zearthus Wrote: Hey man welcome aboard! Great studies thus far. One thing that you might find fun to do is probably make the background behind of the things you put, pitch black with a marker :D Like the skeletons at the top for example, I can already imagine it making the skeletons pop out some more.

Keep at it buddy!

thx man! :D great odea

These are great fun :) Planing on going on to more basic things again tomorrow tho..

Attached Files Image(s)

nice updates!
I would recommend to work on your proportions, the full body characters have heads that are too big for the bodies. Unless that is the look you were going for. Although I like how you portrayed the form by only painting the shadows, it's pretty neat.
Keep it up!
(07-15-2015, 09:51 AM)VoodooMama Wrote: nice updates!
I would recommend to work on your proportions, the full body characters have heads that are too big for the bodies. Unless that is the look you were going for. Although I like how you portrayed the form by only painting the shadows, it's pretty neat.
Keep it up!

Thx :) It wasn't intendend. I feel like like a lot of the proportions are off in these. I have my first live drawing class this weekend, so I am really trying to improve at this.