The Ancient Empire
[Image: 1msOUmJ.jpg]

Hello everyone . 

Now you all might be wondering ... WHAT is this ? Quite simple , its a world , a old world from my past .

This world is under attack by a threat of overwhelming numbers , incredible machines of war and a kids fantasy . This was my world during my years of school and ive been wanting to bring it back .
This world was created in the back of notebooks , battle after battle , design after design this world kidna came together . But its not a overly varied world , truth be told th eonly developed thign in it is the
empire thats attacking relentlessly . So i figured WHY not have others fight them !?! And help flesh out this world with their creations .

What i hope to achieve with this thread is very simple . My guys from my past are comeing to this galaxy to take everythign over and wage war .And THIS is my motivation to keep drawing something everyday , just like i did when i was in school.
The universe except for them is underdeveloped and they are REALLY OverPowerd . Which is why i need YOUR help to fill up the space to fight them . 

The basic rules are :

Your free to develop anything that's your own BUT you dont need to stick to it , every pic/sketch you do can be a diffrent race/faction/scene whatever .

Dont make something that seems like it could end the war ''thing'' so nothing thats fully unkillable , my guys have endless numbers but it is possible to fight em as a united front .

Have fun - You dont need to worry about polishing your stuff up or much you can post anythign from a 30 min sketch to a speedpaint 

So lemme start the invasion shall we : )

[Image: w7ZQARu.jpg]
After a millenia of makeing sure that their empire is secure from rebellions and usurpers the old empire set its sights on neighboring galaxies and sought to bring their rule over them as well.

[Image: PAwqWia.jpg]
First objective , find the largest planet along the edge of the galaxy and convert it into a War World .
LORE
War Worlds , uncounqerable industrial worlds with factories going down to near the core of the planet , with no natural resoruces left by the end of transformation resoruces from other worlds are brought to to these worlds for maximum production , being able to produce countless ammounts of weapons ,ships , vehicles and  troopers within small ammounts of time and the poisiounous polluted air , make these planets nigh impossible to conquer or fully destroy .

[Image: i9ZhbYJ.jpg]
Once the war gets in full swing the planets nearest to the initial insertion point are usually left overwhelmed and shocked by the brutality of the attacks , preffering to clense most planets and let only select few worlds live as ''trophy '' worlds  , for an empire wouldnt be a empire withouth anything in it .

[Image: 3zNQvDi.jpg]

Due to their countless numbers no stone is left unturned when searching for enemies to fight . As entier cities are fully checked within a day or two if no fighting breaks out .

[Image: UxM5Z7h.jpg]
[Image: RnW5Acq.jpg]
[Image: Oq50qc3.jpg]

The Grunt Drone
LORE
Now you wouldnt think it on first glance but the lowly grunt does not have a mind of its own . They are merely clone bred creatures designed to do one thing and one thing only , obey orders from their master the Emperor as they have a hive mind which only he and special few others can control or tap into . They are mindless , obedient and are easy to breed and fierce to fight . 
Designed in a sort of backwards fashion they can survive in most any enviroment except for clean air . As their bodies have been designed to adapt to toxins , chemicals even no air at all . It has made their bodies vulnerable to clean air. Their survival rate for a individual on the battlefield isnt great deploying the numbers over everything card they suffocate the enemy in their numbers , the average survival rate being very low once hitting the battlefield . If one dies 10 take its place . They are also a toxic problem on a battlefield as the more helmets get broken the more toxins they release into the air .
If seperated from the hive mind for any reason whatsoever , the grunts go into a frenzy and start attacking everything but each other visciously .If you see a large dark and grey blob moveing across a battlefield , it is most likely a army of grunt drones chargeing in for the attack .

[Image: 1nN0Coc.jpg]
[Image: uejMlvx.jpg]
Drill Attack Transports breaching into a trench line

My Sketchbook (do help me out)
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4216.html

And if your rather curious on some older stuff here's my deviantart

http://greatdictator.deviantart.com/
Nice one mate! Be sure to pop the link to this into the shoutbox every so often, to get more eyes on it :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Don't have anything too serious, but I tried to come up with some fun designs. Not sure how well they'll do against gigadrill-spam though. 

This super-advanced civilization uses enchanted spacewhalebones as  armour for their soldiers, groundvehicles and even spaceships. Unlike the bones, the material they use to forge their weapons  is pretty rare, so they don't shoot them at enemies for the most part, but they've found ways to counter those who favour ranged combat. The groundtroops use shieldgenerators to get into melee range and tanks even have their own shield. Spaceships dart around the edges of enemy formations at high speeds and cut them up.

I'll let you decide how strong the shields are, or if there's any materials the blades can't cut.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's my concept. 
That was good opportunity to try using SculptGL. Also tried making some decent layout :).

Mmm great to see participatns haha . Lod is the small ship like a fighter craft then ?

And thats a nice design Farvus , guerrila might cause my guys some problem as they flourish in open battles but im sure i can come up with some solution hehe >:) . Always like more tall / sleek designs . Also Lod you got a more detail one cause the one here i did were done with your minimal speedpaint , hope you like .

[Image: Rml1Sael.jpg]
[Image: 2rIT5wkl.jpg]
[Image: vWJmaJdl.jpg]

[Image: hBWlGYBl.jpg]
Heavy Flamer unit
LORE
Primary function designed to fight in close combat areas and clearing out/flushing out of enemy units , designed with heavy armor this unit is immune to most small arms fire.

Farvus , ye be next ; )

Man, I can totally really relate to this.

I have something similar which I call a "Personal Development Project" in which I try to design/refine a world (or multiple worlds/storylines?) I've created during my childhood. It's something I just want to evolve as I grow as a person, so aside from being an IP, it's also a record of my imagination. However, I'd like to keep it for myself.

Hope you get joy in realizing this stuff! Maybe one day this can even be a successful IP!
(08-17-2015, 10:52 AM)U-3C Wrote: Man, I can totally really relate to this.

I have something similar which I call a "Personal Development Project" in which I try to design/refine a world (or multiple worlds/storylines?) I've created during my childhood. It's something I just want to evolve as I grow as a person, so aside from being an IP, it's also a record of my imagination. However, I'd like to keep it for myself.

Hope you get joy in realizing this stuff! Maybe one day this can even be a successful IP!

Thanks man , i have developed the world somewhat thanks to this thread due to me thinkign ahead of how my faction would wor . Sadly i havent had much time lately to dedicate to adding to more pics here , i was kinda hopeing people would post their sketches / speedpaints here more often due to the very lax requierments