AEBL's Sketchbook
Heart 
Welcome to my journey of 'getting serious with it'. I have two major end goals; the first is a day job as a tattooer, and the other is a hobbyist as a concept artist. All comments and constructive criticisms welcomed!

Attached Files Image(s)

Heart 
Here are some chrysanthemums in a nero-traditional style, cabbage patch flowers. Flash is great for studying composition, and has improved my linework. I generally won't post anything geared towards tattoo flash. If anyone is interested, I do upload this style of art to my instagram account.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello! Wow, your paintings are awesome (and so are the drawings), congratulations!
So, I would recommend you to use harder brushes on your thumbnails, producing more sharp edges and lines, and try to do it in a very simple way, like, separating the planes (first plane usually is the darkest one, because it's more near the camera, second plane is a bit lighter, third plane even more lighter and so on, so forth -- so, the more distant the planes are, the lighter they become because of the atmosphere, the more close to the viewer the planes are the more detailed it should be -- you already kinda did all that in your thumbails but I'm saying it anyway), and just try to sketch your idea first, without worrying about light and shadows... that's what I learned at least, you may find other ways to produce environment thumbails, if you do so, don't forget to tell me :)

Well, keep posting your drawings and keep studying hard! Good luck!

(08-14-2017, 02:37 PM)Dreschler Wrote: Hello! Wow, your paintings are awesome (and so are the drawings), congratulations!
So, I would recommend you to use harder brushes on your thumbnails, producing more sharp edges and lines, and try to do it in a very simple way, like, separating the planes (first plane usually is the darkest one, because it's more near the camera, second plane is a bit lighter, third plane even more lighter and so on, so forth -- so, the more distant the planes are, the lighter they become because of the atmosphere, the more close to the viewer the planes are the more detailed it should be -- you already kinda did all that in your thumbails but I'm saying it anyway), and just try to sketch your idea first, without worrying about light and shadows... that's what I learned at least, you may find other ways to produce environment thumbails, if you do so, don't forget to tell me :)

Well, keep posting your drawings and keep studying hard! Good luck!

Thank you for your complements and picking out something I've been visibly struggling with! I have done thumbnailing before, but only requested sketches from film teams. Coming into a little box and trying to produce an idea - mind boggling. Thank you for your helpful pointers, I will put these recommendations into practice and let you know straight away!

Hand sketches! I really like drawing hands. There will be more...

Attached Files Image(s)

I'd love to see the finished version of that first painting with the white/gray raven. Intriguing character. I like the different ideas you have on how to construct the headdress.

Sketchbook