Life sucks, time to study!
Hi! You can call me Sketch.

I do illustration, animation and programming. I take my craft pretty seriously and I think it's important that I'm able to draw anything, as I want to do complete scenes where both the environment and characters have the same level of detail. Just heads up, I'm on a bit of a binge with non-human characters right now...

The last few years of my life has been absolute hell and while I made some progress during that time, I'm no where near the skill level I should be as my study habits took a severe hit. If I'm going to improve my situation I need to start pushing towards doing art full-time and that means ramping up my art production and addressing all my weaknesses.

I'll be starting with the figure, just working my way through the usual gestures and anatomy. I need to make an effort to learn all the origin and insertion points properly so I can get all the muscles as crisp and defined as possible, also to put a ton of work into my arch nemesis: hands. After that I'll probably shift more into still-life and environments...

It's nice to meet you all and I hope you don't mind me spamming my sketchbook thread with lots of nude things.
Here we are for you :) I'm a beginner so I can't say a lot, but if you need any help... :)

would you like me to improve? check my SKETCHBOOKKiss
(08-31-2015, 12:45 AM)SketchStick Wrote: Hi! You can call me Sketch.

I do illustration, animation and programming. I take my craft pretty seriously and I think it's important that I'm able to draw anything, as I want to do complete scenes where both the environment and characters have the same level of detail. Just heads up, I'm on a bit of a binge with non-human characters right now...

The last few years of my life has been absolute hell and while I made some progress during that time, I'm no where near the skill level I should be as my study habits took a severe hit. If I'm going to improve my situation I need to start pushing towards doing art full-time and that means ramping up my art production and addressing all my weaknesses.

I'll be starting with the figure, just working my way through the usual gestures and anatomy. I need to make an effort to learn all the origin and insertion points properly so I can get all the muscles as crisp and defined as possible, also to put a ton of work into my arch nemesis: hands. After that I'll probably shift more into still-life and environments...

It's nice to meet you all and I hope you don't mind me spamming my sketchbook thread with lots of nude things.
Welcome Sketch, seems like you're more experienced than a lot of us but I want to accomplish the same as you: illustrate scenes with both characters and environments. Just started on the human figure this week, not making much progress but it's part of the grind. Good luck to you and see ya around
Hey hey!

I hear you on the studying front. Working yourself up to studying and getting back on your feet when you don't feel like you can go on is a tough place to be. Luckily, we can get better and we're going to move on and become great at what we do.

Looking forward to talking more on the forum!
Hi Sketch :D

I'm new here, but I read your post and really admire how you have clear goals of what you need to do to improve. It's kind of inspiring, heh. Good luck with achieving your goals!
(08-31-2015, 12:45 AM)SketchStick Wrote: Hi! You can call me Sketch.

I totally with you on those study habits that is something I'm struggling with.