Organizing References and data
so yep, after hundreds of years ive decided to organize my files, especially my references. 
as artists its essential for us to have tons and tons of reference so much actually that its easy to lose track.

so im curious as to how you guys work around this, if you could share your folder structure that would be great. 
im currently reading some file organization tips but it would be interesting to hear the daggers community on this.

so yeah share away!

Org..an...ise.. what is this word?

I've had my hard drive/ entire computer fail on me so many damned times that my filing system has become as messy as my desk, but what I /do/ do, is if I have a project in particular I'm working on, I make a subfolder in that work folder for refs.
I also try and keep things separated by type - so I had an environments folder, then types of environments (thank you last dead hard drive for the demise of /that/) So if you have time to really sort, figure out how you can look for things most efficiently - by that I mean what is your mindset if say you are looking for a sc-fi enviro type ref, would you have that under sci-fi/environments, or under environments/scifi, or some other way that makes sense to you.

In the end you gotta sort stuff out how your brain works, someone else's system might be utterly illogical to you.