To purchase calibrator/RAM, or not to purchase calibrator/RAM...
Hey everyone! First off, thanks for reading!

I'm planning to build my first PC this winter, and I am wondering just how important a screen calibrator is.

I've pretty much exhausted my budget (aka all my savings), however, I am planning to purchase the components some time during the Christmas sales period, so I should be able to save myself some money. The current setup has 16 gigs of RAM, though I have heard from people that when they are working on large projects, 16 gigs is not enough for Photoshop. At the same time, I'm planning to purchase a screen that can cover 99% of the sRGB gamut, but I won't be able to calibrate it as I don't have a calibrator.

What I want to ask is: should I invest the money in another 16 gigs of RAM, in a colour calibrator, or should I just save the money in my bank account until I ever need to do professional work? I won't have a penny left after I finish building this pc, so I am wondering how necessary those two are.

This is my build. If there's any tech guys reading this, can you kindly look over it and see if there's anything you would change/recommend me to look into just to open up the options?

It's mainly a gaming/entry-level enthusiast build, though if RAM and a calibrator are that important, I'm willing to drop the graphics card completely for a year or two. (┬_┬)

Thanks again for reading this. Cheers! \(^_^)/

-----------------------------------------------------

All prices are in CAD, with shipping and taxes applied accordingly:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($314.98 @ DirectCanada)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($38.74 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($183.71 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($112.29 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($122.02 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($62.93 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($471.39 @ DirectCanada)
Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($152.05 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($137.71 @ Vuugo)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($124.10 @ shopRBC)
Monitor: LG 25UM57-P 60Hz 25.0" Monitor  ($230.98 @ DirectCanada)
Total: $1950.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-31 18:53 EDT-0400
@Mariyan-Hristov:

Thanks for your input! o(^_^)o