Sloane's Sketchbook
Hi, I'm Sloane (not my real name--I'm basically like a superhero) and this is my sketchbook, for artwork and thoughts on it.

This is long overdue. I've been talking about exposing my work somewhere for years. I'm even in second year of an art school, and I'm still very, very self conscious about what I do. Whatever that may be.

So here it is. I'm going to start with something nice and comfortable (for me): cryptic scribbles and figure drawing.

[Image: HKuU4Am.jpg?1]

[Image: KshVSjI.jpg?1]

As you can see, I'm a rather fidgety person, and I'm very indecisive when it comes to putting lines down.

Some more snippets from two days of this week's daily figure drawing. 6B Pencil holder and Copic Multiliner. 

[Image: ApVDETm.jpg]

[Image: NWR9FTo.jpg?1]

[Image: oG3xmYo.jpg?1]

[Image: Yuu3MY5.jpg]

[Image: 5FPiObx.jpg]

[Image: mOdTEKt.jpg]

A quick two inch doodle with my 6B pencil holder. I wish I knew how to make a full composition out of doodles like this.

[Image: zUJD2gJ.jpg]

Your figure drawings look quite expressive! Its definitely one of your strengths. If you have extra time, try making the hands and feet more detailed. As for composition, maybe try drawing little rectangles and then doodling within them, to help frame your drawing. Or even cutting out the doodles and arranging them, while thinking about how you can use negative space to convey something.

Thank you, kmink! That's actually pretty good advice--I haven't done any of that yet.

Just dropped in to post this ranger doodle. I don't know much about inking yet, I'll have to read some books on it some weekend.

[Image: o7HBird.jpg]

More A3 pages from today's figure drawing. I ordered some supplies so that I can also do daily color sketches, the Steve Huston way.

[Image: lbuJDoR.jpg]

[Image: fpGNkkK.jpg?1]

[Image: 7uJYzpt.jpg]