Some thoughts, please on a new piece.
Thumbs Up 
I have a few hours in this and wanted some thoughts. Good/Bad/Suggestions/etc.

Thanks!  Thumbs_up

Attached Files Image(s)

This looks like a great start. I took me a few moments to understand what is going on.

There is plenty of nice texure work that might be over powering the  composition, maybe pulling it back as it may help how well each element reads to the eye? Have you considered putting more emphasis on the shadow with the spear? I also like how the stairs is looking. 

Here is a quick paint-over. You might also consider cropping the image, but it could create ugly tangents.

[Image: sneak2_zps73z8zmfl.jpg]

A video game artist for ~2 decades I like to design model & animate characters + study traditional drawing painting & sculpting

Please follow me on Instagram or Facebook

Ok, i just had a quick play.
i made it a vertical comp to go with the staircase theme of going up.
gave it a bit of a dutch tilt to give it some tension.
made the shadow a bit more menacing while getting the compositions flow to stay in the page
took away the 2 characters equality in size and spacing in the scene. the balance was a bit boring for me
by bringing him closer to the point of meeting i think its a bit more interesting. the big pillar on the left was not doing much for me
made the guy look prepared but still the underdog in the encounter. he looked like too capable before i thought all strutting into a fight

anyway i hope it gives you some ideas

[Image: paintover_by_xelfereht-d9kama7.jpg]

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
Cool idea!
Ok so, here is some quick overpaint with some thoughts. Just my opinion, I'm not saying I know everything.

Slightly tilt the picture so the horizon gives the scene some dramatic effect.
Increase the contrast in the foreground (take advantage of the blue light, put some time to achieve a proper falloff (blue lines))
Divide the scene using the pillar (green line). This is a tricky one. You don't want it to be exactly in the middle because it would split the scene. Use the division with caution, since you have two complementary light sources (let them bleed into each other a little, use some warms in the cool area and vice versa).

Use the perspective lines to direct the eye (red lines). A circular stair can be tricky, be careful.

I hope you find something useful here, again, just my opinion.

More stuff in my Facebook page
Thanks for the CC guys. Unfortunately, I'm not putting this illo as a priority, working on it very little, here and there between other excersizes and work. Here's an update, I'm trying my best to not use 100% black.

Attached Files Image(s)