Personal project: Exotic dragons!
Oh yes! This year me and a friend of mine decided to create a personal project about exotic fantasy creatures, we wanted to use all sorts of crazy ideas to work on this artbook full of creature concepts! As we talked about this, we decided to keep it simple: choose what kind of creature we would work on, what would the premises be? We decided to tell the story of two researches and friends on some sort of parallel world in the XV Century where magical creatures such as dragons and gryphons where nothing but a new fauna to be explored and catalogued.
This two biology professors would go ahead and discover a new continent, looking for exotic kinds of dragons and gryphons to see wich one of them would find the most odd, the deadliest and the tiniest creature! More than that, both them suspect there's a major scientific discover to be made, a groundbreaking shift on the taxonomy of those creatures: maybe both gryphons and dragons have a common ancestor, a lost link!
So yes, the artbook gathers the studies and discovers of those two researchers, Diogo Magalhães and Rodrigo Barbacena (yes, fancy names, got love it!) as they blaze new ways into this unknow continent and find new and exotic kinds of dragons and gryphons!
As you might have guessed by the tittle, I was in charge of creating the amazing dragons that professor Rodrigo barbacena would encounter! After two months os work (in my freetime! D: Gosh it was tiring!) here's the result:

[Image: tumblr_nyomj892La1sm4lgco2_r1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nyomj892La1sm4lgco4_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_nyomj892La1sm4lgco1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nyomj892La1sm4lgco3_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nyomy6zvW31sm4lgco3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nyon65mZLT1sm4lgco3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nyu4tnMS2a1sm4lgco3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nyzpp5iNhG1sm4lgco3_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nz3g23OerH1sm4lgco3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nz750oazZy1sm4lgco3_1280.jpg]

[Image: 6hfrPmA.jpg]
[Image: Bkidguj.jpg]
Great work! Some of the dragons seem very kind creatures btw, not agressive at all!
Really cool work in here. Some of these designs are really nice, I especially like the inked versions. The book layout is looking very good too.