Honesty is the best policy.
I'll be frank. I'm not happy with my art. I'm 24 years old and I am blown away by the work some high schoolers make with just a Wacom bamboo and a pirated copy of CS4. I mean, I am very aware of not comparing myself to someone else's work, but sometimes, it can sting. I guess that's why I'm here. I really want a career in animation and comicking, but I know I need some work on a lot of stuff. I need to draw my characters in more dynamic worlds, settings, etc. I need to focus on more anthromorphic creatures and animals, as well. Not to mention the fact that I have yet to really make heads or tails out of Blender or TVPaint!

I'm in my senior year of uni and I really want to find a great job in this industry, so I'm starting all over to relearn/beef up my skills, not just for a future job, but for myself. This is my passion and I need to take it seriously.
The feeling isn't all that unfamiliar here, you will find many people in the same place as you. I'm 24 as well and it can be hard getting a leg up so late in life when you're starting afresh and on your own. The only decent advice I can think of is not get so hung up about what others do, and will yourself to improve, not just lull and think about where you want to be.

Go ahead and start a thread in the Sketchbooks section. There are tonnes of people who'd be willing to help you get started.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Thank you! I certainly will, once I get my art station set up again with this new computer!