[PAINTING] Learning How to Design
awesome stuff! I really like the traditional ink and digital colour on the last page - really brings the drawings to life! I started an inktober thread over here: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7927.html

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Thanks for stopping by Nymph, glad you like it!

Thanks Jyonny! Just posted my first drawing over there, really excited to see what you guys come up with.

And another round of sketchbook pages. Been a lot on the road lately, so just drawing in my sb a lot. Anyone have a great Inktober! See ya

sheez dude impressive stuffz <3

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Hey. Solid work. I like your hard surface designs and perspective sketches. What I would do though when looking for vehicles inspiration is focus on automotive design in general. I think a lot of your truck sketches have too much Scott Robertson in them which of course is not bad but you want to have your own style :).

Keep going.
Thanks a lot guys!

@Farvus Your timing is ON SPOT. Due to my industrial design program I have some really good opportunities regarding transportation design. So lately I'm trying to get my feet wet with some sideview sketching and getting my circles/ellipses right. Will definitely post my studies here!

Inktober Halftime!!! Proud to have made it so far :D

yo, I'm loving your ink work, especially the more architecture and industrial design ones.
its looking good man, keep it up

Thanks a lot chanchhim!! Glad you like it :) hopefully will be posting another update soonish, pretty much in the grind right now..

Some stuff from the last days, working a lot on my circles/ellipses. Also trying to learn as much as I can about automobile sketching.

See you guys the next days with some updates! Keep grinding everyone :)

Hey everyone,

I did a quick master study the other day to feel my way back into digital stuff. Every time I run through this process of doing these studies (Defining gamut > mixing swatches > painting away) I'm stunned by the results... a huge thanks to Matthew Zikry and James Gurney for teaching me that process. A lot of stuff to improve obviously but I had a lot of fun nevertheless.

Maybe I'll post my transportation grindings the next days as well.

See you guys!

Feedback on all things painting really appreciated!!!

Hey Hey,

I'm really enjoying dynamic sketching the last days, so I thought I'll be posting some of my visual ramblings. (btw watercolor is sick, so much fun to play around with)

I also enrolled for Maciej Kuciaras environment painting class at learn squared. So a lot of architectural stuff incoming the next weeks.

Feedback and comments always appreciated, keep it up guys!

Just a random snapshot of some university related stuff + another in-between/half-done master study for fun.

Hopefully I'll find time to make a more thoroughly update, especially with all the environment stuff I've been doing.

Until then!

Heart 
Hey, Really loving what's going on here!!  - I hope one day I can adapt to this kind of standard!  ..Wonderful works and sketchbook, I look forward to more from you!  Stupid

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
Thanks a lot missimoinsane!! Really appreciate your kind comment :)

I'll start a new chapter for me and my SB with this post: I'm - finally - getting into environments. I'll learn about all the good stuff like compostion, values, colors etc. My main road to follow will be the LearnSquared "Intro to Environment" course I enrolled for. From there I'll gather as much knowledge as possible through other ressources.

For now I'll just dump some of the stuff I have already done. And I would LOVE some feedback. I know here are a lot of guys who are far better with this stuff than me, so any feedback would be great! :)

Also got some character stuff going on, but thats for another post.

See you the next days! Have a great christmas everyone!

Week 1 + Week 2 for LearnSquared Program, I've been experimenting a lot with digital and traditional techniques.

The start of my journey about understanding value, in other words, LearnSquared week 3. I'm having a hard time with composition, so I'll be doing a lot more of those thumbnails. I also tried to do some quick value studies of a few pieces that struck my attention. I also experimented with advanced thumbnails like the last image, bird island and stuff.

Hey, 

Awesome Sketchbook; evidently very strong drawing skills from your understanding of perspective and impovement of the mechanical aspect i.e. ellipses etc.

Thumbnails looking really good, have you checked out Eytan Zana's Gumroad? He's an environment concept artist at Naughty Dog and discusses using clipping masks and generating effective compositions. Framed Ink is also really good. I'm doing the Environment Design Rocks Course here on CD at the moment so doing a lot of thumbnails!

Thanks MannionJJ2020! Actually the "advanced" thumbs are done after watching Eytans gumroad on graphic composition. :) Really good stuff from him. Also got Framed Ink, its a great book with sweet artwork but tbh couldn't get much out of it as of now....maybe it will click when I'm more used to generating whole images....we'll see. Seems to be more useful when you work with a clear narrative purpose in mind... :)

I found a really nice article showcasing the work of Seth Engstrom (the dude who also did the Jungle Book stuff I studied in my last post): http://livlily.blogspot.de/2012/03/sinba...03_04.html really nice stuff, further down the page there are also breakdown sketches discussing composition and stuff.

Also studied some Nathan Fowkes stuff. Really dig his compositions.

Oh maaan, this environment stuff is driving me crazy... I still feel like having absolutely no control when doing an environment, and most of the time I actually don't know what I'm drawing...its kinda frustrating.

Grabbed some recent stuff from my IG. I tried to do some pencil rendered thumbnails, from a technical standpoint they turned out okayish I think.

If that's the level we can expect from you for thumbnails, then I would very much like to see one of those carried through to a final product.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
I saw your thumbs in the crit dungeon in Discord, but could not come up with amy crits. I think they look awesome. I'm pretty much sure you have a plan on when to start doing finished works, so looking forward to see them as well. Great work and progress.

Thanks you both very much! :3

Both of you hit on the right point: finished pieces. I made up a little brief for a side project - sooo, currently working on my first real-kind-of-complete images!!

A little preview on what I'm working on:

I LOOOOVE LEARNING HOW TO PAINT!!! Best time of my life, hard AF but really rewarding.

See you the next days! Will continue working myself into value and painting!