vengfuldead sketchbook
my dream is to be an illustrator but i feel like im very poor at pretty much every thing with art.  so my goals are simple see progression and making friends that actual care about art.   this is just a sketch of a character for a friend.  i hope in the future i can do card art.  :D

Attached Files Image(s)

You're not poor at art at all. One thing we all must learn and better it be sooner rather than later - all artists, especially professionals, will find their own work lacking. They became as good as they are because they sought issues with their work and improved on them. Don't ever feel like you are lacking - everyone can draw but our proficiency is dictated by our knowledge of how, and that is simply achieved through experience and perseverance.

Having said that - this character already has a 'look', and I sense a story. That's a crucial step down the road of illustration.

Welcome, and I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
(01-30-2016, 01:34 PM)vengfuldead Wrote: my dream is to be an illustrator but i feel like im very poor at pretty much every thing with art.  so my goals are simple see progression and making friends that actual care about art.   this is just a sketch of a character for a friend.  i hope in the future i can do card art.  :D

Do not worry about how you are doing your art and your skill level. It will come sooner or latter! Imagine art as if you are playing an mmorpg game. When you start a game, do you actually care about next persons lvl? Or what high grade armor he or she wears? Or how much they have beat a game? No. Because they are already got their experience of that game and you don't! You want to explore and experience  this game with your friends as much as possible and have fun! If you are a low lvl noob,who cares? You know that you eventually will become high lvl character if you continue playing it. 

Nice character,btw. I can feel his greatness and power. Looking forward to see it finished!

(01-30-2016, 06:03 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: You're not poor at art at all. One thing we all must learn and better it be sooner rather than later - all artists, especially professionals, will find their own work lacking. They became as good as they are because they sought issues with their work and improved on them. Don't ever feel like you are lacking - everyone can draw but our proficiency is dictated by our knowledge of how, and that is simply achieved through experience and perseverance.

Having said that - this character already has a 'look', and I sense a story. That's a crucial step down the road of illustration.

Welcome, and I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Great words of wisdom,RottenPocket! :)

The Way Of The S4MURAI  (sketchbook)
Well that is a good start already, I'm curious what other paintings/drawings you have to show here.
Just don't think like that, I can only agree with RottenPocket and Samurai Cat! Keep it up :)
Thank you for all the kind words :D  here is some work im doing for a card game me and my friend are working on.  they may be subject to copyright....   i usually start out very sketchy focusing more on shape. ill have to upload some of my sharpy sketchs from work.  i really need to focus learning armor, cloth , and how light works.  one day ill get payed for my work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man, lovely work, I don't think you are poor at all too.
About armors and stuff, if you like the general style of armors in concept art (like blizzard/rpg style) you can just observe some of those games concept art. My suggestion would be not to just look and copy them but look and observe them, try to understand why they did what they did, and simplify it in your head. See the big shapes first, see how they connect. Details and rendering can always come much easier. And by doing this you can develop your own style of armors too, wouldn't be just another rpg armor.

I think this can be applied to any subject, not only armors.

a cover up tattoo i did for a friend.  over all not really that happy with it.  however i did finish it and she liked it a lot so i guess thats a win :D   i also started schoolism classes.  last two images are homework assignments on learning to see.

Attached Files Image(s)

doing more studies of light and value trying to get a feel for how the world works.

Attached Files Image(s)

more value studies :D

Attached Files Image(s)

That white/grey/black composition of that figure looks really awesome!!
Probably you could push your paintings a little more if you would push a bit more ambient occlusion into them.

Keep pushing! :)
wish i didnt have to work 12 hour days at a place that feels like its killing me :c  but i have faith that this is just the beginning and i wont let it be my end.  portrait study.  note a week spot HANDS  im sure every one struggles with them at first.

Attached Files Image(s)

value study from still life

Attached Files Image(s)

im trying to do at least one value study and 30 minutes of sketching every day.  and days that im not at work for 12 hours i try to do more.  doing life studies has helped alot but if i pull a reference from something its usually from pintrest.

Attached Files Image(s)

some landscape studies for llighting.  i tried to keep them around 30 minutes.

Attached Files Image(s)

just some more studies :D  feel like i really need to learn my value work a whole lot better.

Attached Files Image(s)