John K's Sketchbook
Some big nastys last night.

Attached Files Image(s)

Armor Study for a larger concept I'm working on.

Experimented with opacity and brushes. Not sure if it's better to always have 100% opacity or vary it depending on what stage you are at with the piece.

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome!
Good start.
You should keep working on that armor study, use more hard edge brushes, using only soft ones on armors makes it look soft and it looks off because it's a hard surface.

Head and torso studies. Fun times.

Also included a piece I did on paper with ink and graphite. Needed to take a break from the screen.
(03-24-2012, 07:04 AM)Conny Nordlund Wrote: Welcome!
Good start.
You should keep working on that armor study, use more hard edge brushes, using only soft ones on armors makes it look soft and it looks off because it's a hard surface.

Greetings to you as well. I have not gotten the hang of hard brushes yet. I am realizing they are pretty essential if you want details. I may come back to the armor study and do some work. Thanks for the recommendation.

Attached Files Image(s)

More deathline daily studies from the weekend.

Each month is a different category of studies. April will be Light/Color studies - no lines, just color...if I can help it. Below I posted a few 5 minute studies in watercolor. The references were from a clothing catalogue.

Attached Files Image(s)

I like the water colours :) That's a good exercise!

Not much to critique, keep practicing your anatomy and updating us!
More 5-10 minute watercolor studies from today and yesterday. This month's studies are on color/light. Been using clothing catalogues so far. Lots of fun for the most part.

John

Attached Files Image(s)

More watercolor studies from today. 10 minutes each. Didn't have time for much studies. Today was mostly Bloodsport action.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey John, I saw your wips for the bloodsports, and I already saw the design of your demon and wizard, the demos is specially cool. About the comp, I like all the details, really, the only thing is that it is too much 50,50 imo, but it also depend on what you use it for of course. I mean, you have in half of the page the wizard, and the other half the demon. And I miss more connection between them, like the demon looking at the wizard or something like that. But that's just my opinion, keep it on, we can do this!! :)

Here is the final image for my bloodsport entry. Great fun and many Beatles records listened to.

Attached Files Image(s)