Guardian WIP
A comp a on new illustration I am starting, any feedback is appreciated.

[Image: Z0eKYJv.jpg]

A video game artist for ~2 decades I like to design model & animate characters + study traditional drawing painting & sculpting

Please follow me on Instagram or Facebook

Hey man, what's the aim with this illo? Or rather what's supposed to be going down? Seems a bit hard to tell and ambiguous given the poses.

*edit: Ok so judging by the title the big dude is some sort of robot protecting the girl? If so a couple of things jump to mind. One she is higher in the comp than he is, which gives her the edge on a sense of power in the relationship.

It's hard to tell what is actually happening at the stage it is in now. Is there a missile or something coming in which he is punching? If not it seems a bit of a random pose. There might be issues with the robot pose, in terms of how he is kneeling and where his missing other leg is. Hard to say a lot more without seeing and knowing more.

Is this the only thumb you did or is this the winner of the obligatory thumb battle?

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
The Guardian is the robot in the back, right? To convey that idea stronger, you can make it clearly bigger than the human it's guarding. If not the entire robot, then at least some parts of it to be clearly bigger and conveys power to guard. Also, lower the camera more so they're viewed from a fish's eye point of view will also help give them a towering, powerful guardian feel. You can also focus on and push the shape language of square or maybe circle for a sturdy guardian feel, and don't use triangle shapes in its design.

Focus.