2016 Goals !!
Hello everyone! I am new here. I have been searching for a more on hands place like there where I can study alongside of other fellow artists. Let me tell you a bit about myself. I am 30 years old and I have been drawing since I was in 3rd grade, I am more on the self taught end but I also attended school and got my BA in Illustration. I have done a couple children's book, like really...2 and that's nice but where my heart really is , is GAMING!!!!

I have been a recovering video game addict since I was able to hold a controller. Anyways I love drawing characters. My goal is to become good enough...no better than that really, to become a concept artist of the level I feel proud of. I'm ready to put in the work just point me at it and shoot! I hope to meet a lot of nice people on here too.
Gaming can be a bitch sometimes, been there aswell haha. Good thing I'm "clean" now :"). Good luck reaching your goal.

(03-10-2016, 09:37 AM)BrushNoir Wrote: Gaming can be a bitch sometimes, been there aswell haha. Good thing I'm "clean" now :"). Good luck reaching your goal.

Haha, thanks.
Hello JadeSky! Your intro sounds like the thing you say during an AA meeting for video games.

Glad to meet you. I am John. I've been sober for quite some time now. I haven't touched a controller for a very long time. Sometimes I drive myself crazy for days.. "Just one frag.. Just one level up.. Just one good Street Fighter match.." I kept saying to myself.

Then I slap myself silly.

(03-10-2016, 09:01 AM)JadeSky Wrote: I'm ready to put in the work just point me at it and shoot! I hope to meet a lot of nice people on here too.

Since you're interested in doing some legwork, may I interest you with this?

The Crimson Crucible! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7250.html

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Hi Jade! I think a lot of concept artists got interested in concept art due to their game experience. Game industry is one of the most powerful incentices of art development nowadays. I haven't played since summer when I decided to start my art journey, got no time anymore for this, but without gaming experience I wouldn't even know about concept art.
Good luck with your goal! I think it might be more specific, I mean some actual steps to take to reach it.