City in the desert
Hey daggers, I'd like to know what you think of this style
thanks
[Image: arena6-1.jpg]

The lighting is pretty inconsistent. If the sun is setting in the back, all of the faces facing the viewer wouldn't be as lit, and their contrast wouldn't be as high. It seems like you used the bevel tool in too many places, which make some forms read weirdly. Sometimes its a useful tool, but you need to know when to use it and when not to. Regarding those dimples on the shape with the triangle vent on the bottom: If they are circular, remember to draw them in perspective. We would see less of the ones on top than the ones on a side facing us.

Overall, neat design - the composition seems a bit cramped. I would suggest "zooming out" a bit. If you've chosen to focus on this particular piece of the building, then give a reason why (like a focus point, or a narrative) Depending on what look you're going for, I might say your colors are too saturated.
(03-16-2016, 07:34 AM)Admbrns Wrote: The lighting is pretty inconsistent. If the sun is setting in the back, all of the faces facing the viewer wouldn't be as lit, and their contrast wouldn't be as high. It seems like you used the bevel tool in too many places, which make some forms read weirdly. Sometimes its a useful tool, but you need to know when to use it and when not to. Regarding those dimples on the shape with the triangle vent on the bottom: If they are circular, remember to draw them in perspective. We would see less of the ones on top than the ones on a side facing us.

Overall, neat design - the composition seems a bit cramped. I would suggest "zooming out" a bit. If you've chosen to focus on this particular piece of the building, then give a reason why (like a focus point, or a narrative) Depending on what look you're going for, I might say your colors are too saturated.

Hey man thanks a lot, I have to say, I took it a bit hard as I am quite satisfied with this piece, but I kind of agree with most of what you said. So thanks for the feedback, and onto the next one !