Hi girls ans guys
My name is Florian, I live in Berlin and I am 25 years old.
I studied game design, just to learn that game design, fun as it may be, is not my primary passion. After working for a short while as a gamedesigner in a company, I lost my job and since then I am working on being a better artist. My current jobsituation is really helping me because I have an internship as Junior Graphic assistant, which means I am using photoshop at least 8 hours a day, 3 days a week, and I draw on the way there (only 30 min, but still)

I have sketched and drawn since I was a little kid, but never payed too much attention to the basics. Since january this year I really try to get a sense for the basics (anatomy, colortheory, composition... erm did I miss something?^^) but since I am fairly new to the topic and been rather resistant to get out there and share much of my stuff, I am not sure, if my approaches are "correct" (if there is such thing).

A friend of mine told me about the crimson daggers livestream and since I am a big super meat boy fan (what does this have to do with anything?...) and dave made those two awesome illustrations of the topic I was a big fan of his work since then.

So here I am now, in the middle of getting somewhere, and I hope to find in this forum the place to grow with fellow wanderers. (cheesy line, but I think you get it :)

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me, and here is a link to my portfolio: http://floart.weebly.com/index.html. There is some 3D stuff also, since I am interested in the games-industry and I posted an appointement I did while studiing (the guy whithout a face)

That's it for now, fellow daggers, I am really looking forward to this.
Have a nice day!
(03-29-2012, 04:38 PM)Flo Wrote: My name is Florian, I live in Berlin and I am 25 years old.
I studied game design, just to learn that game design, fun as it may be, is not my primary passion. After working for a short while as a gamedesigner in a company, I lost my job and since then I am working on being a better artist. My current jobsituation is really helping me because I have an internship as Junior Graphic assistant, which means I am using photoshop at least 8 hours a day, 3 days a week, and I draw on the way there (only 30 min, but still)

I have sketched and drawn since I was a little kid, but never payed too much attention to the basics. Since january this year I really try to get a sense for the basics (anatomy, colortheory, composition... erm did I miss something?^^) but since I am fairly new to the topic and been rather resistant to get out there and share much of my stuff, I am not sure, if my approaches are "correct" (if there is such thing).

A friend of mine told me about the crimson daggers livestream and since I am a big super meat boy fan (what does this have to do with anything?...) and dave made those two awesome illustrations of the topic I was a big fan of his work since then.

So here I am now, in the middle of getting somewhere, and I hope to find in this forum the place to grow with fellow wanderers. (cheesy line, but I think you get it :)

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me, and here is a link to my portfolio: http://floart.weebly.com/index.html. There is some 3D stuff also, since I am interested in the games-industry and I posted an appointement I did while studiing (the guy whithout a face)

That's it for now, fellow daggers, I am really looking forward to this.
Have a nice day!

i am in the same situation haha i take a degree in marketing and pulicity and guive up cause i love drawing and painting ut never paied to much attention, now im taking a degree in visual arts and multimedia i have 24 almost like you ;)... i go to see your works... :)