hello crimson daggers~ ck
hello, i decided i would try an art forum and ended up here thanks to noah bradley. I hope to attend his art camp once i have enough funds to pay for it
i've been drawing for 2 years digitally, but progress is slow and im really striving to improve faster. starting with a painting a day. I'm from australia, and my dream is to work at riot one day or really beautiful ips such as ori and the blind forest, or the final fantasy series, even though my current art doesn't reflect much of that. Hearing from atey ghelian, that he worked 12 hours a day for 2 years on art makes me realise just how behind i am but also how working in the industry is truly possible. Hopefully I can look back at this post in a few years and be proud of where I am.

thanks for reading my ramble! i am very open to constructive criticism if anyone is interested in my sketchbooks, which i will start posting soon

Crylica Kress

Draw for funsies, draw to improve, draw alot, draw a variety of things, draw said things A LOT. Take breaks, stay consistent, and fucking live life; for christ's sake.

The staple routine for a healthy relationship with art :3

Welcome to the forums!

Hi Crylica. Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! I hope you'll get a meaningful experience out of all this.

Speaking of the "Long-Hours-a-day" rule. There's a nice counter-argument said by many people. It's worth a read if you're interested: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6928.html

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
thank you for the welcome and thanks for the link john!
I've been thinking about whether its worth killing myself over art and living a shorter life, and what I really want from life. I recognise some of the names there and definitely admire the artists there. I believe health is always the most important thing, but without mileage and work you've never going to get there either. balance is key

Some resources say you learn when you sleep, so balance is key indeed ^^

Hi : ) Welcome to Crimson Daggers.
This is quite impressive intro when it comes to your seeing of future. And I'm quite sure that if you work hard and enjoy what you are doing you will get just anywhere : ) Some people work 12 hours per day, and some people work only few- results may be the same- and it depends on each individual. If you study with focus and knowing what you are doing- you will learn in no time. Just don't forget to have fun :)
Good luck and enjoy your stay !

CD dA FM  MaL