Ambi's Sketchbook
[Image: BJR9AwX.png]
[Image: oeM5jaB.png]
I meant for this one to be stupid like the first one, but it ended up looking like an actual caricature lol.

[Image: hindsight_study_by_graphics_pp-dacym52.png]
Some grills for my Picarto stream:
[Image: ZG9G52V.png]
[Image: WpWp244.png]
I didn't mean to render this one so much, but I kept fixing problems and eventually just ended up redrawing and rendering everything in order to get it looking halfways decent :P.
Streamed for 5+ hours last night with my art buddy Drayden:
[Image: 821qJ34.png]
[Image: WQniFcC.png]
[Image: Z5JlovV.png]
[Image: BuqzRH4.png]
[Image: HW6bL1F.png]
I tried REALLY hard to be colorful:
[Image: XVTFDwc.jpg]
I also tried being more painterly with my brush strokes, but that failed pretty quickly
Good work on that last image, well done! The edges and color relations in the hair are particularly beautiful. I think perhaps there are some edge control issues in the neck and cheek area, they just look a bit messy and overly sharp in areas. They stand out because the face itself is painted quite nice. Hope that helps, goodluck!

(08-23-2016, 11:49 AM)Jonas Jerde Wrote: Good work on that last image, well done! The edges and color relations in the hair are particularly beautiful. I think perhaps there are some edge control issues in the neck and cheek area, they just look a bit messy and overly sharp in areas. They stand out because the face itself is painted quite nice. Hope that helps, goodluck!

Thanks Jonas, which side of the neck and cheek?

Some old stuff I forgot to post:
[Image: 7phma7j.png]
[Image: sixKdp7.png]
[Image: DhqbrRy.png]
New figure practice after rewatching Proko's mannequization video(please forgive the faces, I didn't want to waste time perfecting the portrait):
[Image: eTyOA2m.png]
[Image: FdowRIO.png]

And some obligatory "Ambi' faces":
[Image: BISOsdC.png]
Upshots are the bane of my existence.
[Image: kb5ihhe.png]
[Image: pCZ0dn9.png]

Sorry, I know this isn't an exciting update, but I deleted most of what I drew. Drawing while really tired on hangout :).
I call this one "crazy ex-girlfriend" :):
[Image: vNH91fF.png]
[Image: IcXhhqA.png]
[Image: lrVuDH8.png]
hey man nice sb, alot of portraits as far as the eye can see, that last one reminds me of dva from overwatch, that colorful portrait looks awesome, also dont worry if on an anatomy day faces look like crap you mut have a focus to practice, you can worry about everything when you are pulling everything together in a final piece, and actually id recommend doing that, start doing longer pieces, just 1, it helps alot to figure out what you are actually lacking in study, gl man like schwatzenegger ill be back!

Dawckbook

Stream

When in doubt ask yourself, what would scooby do?
(09-29-2016, 09:55 PM)dawckward Wrote: hey man nice sb, alot of portraits as far as the eye can see, that last one reminds me of dva from overwatch, that colorful portrait looks awesome, also dont worry if on an anatomy day faces look like crap you mut have a focus to practice, you can worry about everything when you are pulling everything together in a final piece, and actually id recommend doing that, start doing longer pieces, just 1, it helps alot to figure out what you are actually lacking in study, gl man like schwatzenegger ill be back!

You should check out the last painting on the first page, it'd really remind you of D.Va :D. Thanks for the advice, I actually do want to do more illustrations, I've just been really strapped for ideas storytelling wise, but hopefully I'll figure it out someday soon. 

Mini-update:
[Image: eeRtrMq.png]
[Image: uhkx7R4.png]
More bad figures:
[Image: KAclzha.png]
I did a really long stream today on Picarto with some friends. I started with an artist study, and then did a bunch of application without looking at the ref':
[Image: FDntjA0.png]
[Image: sWMlg6l.png]
[Image: QTb4Uri.png]
[Image: Bkw3hp3.png]
[Image: CjEWcI8.png]
Tongue 
Awesome wooork! You're pretty good with anatomy, faces, and color! I was wondering if you have blog sites I could follow your work? Like Tumblr?

(10-07-2016, 04:52 PM)juelle Wrote: Awesome wooork! You're pretty good with anatomy, faces, and color! I was wondering if you have blog sites I could follow your work? Like Tumblr?

Thanks juelle :). I don't have a blog, I do have a Artstation, Deviantart, and Instagram page though.
The usual:
[Image: NC2cVHS.png]
[Image: tOByn3G.png]
[Image: Cyj6h13.png]
(10-09-2016, 07:54 AM)Ambiguity Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 04:52 PM)juelle Wrote: Awesome wooork! You're pretty good with anatomy, faces, and color! I was wondering if you have blog sites I could follow your work? Like Tumblr?

Thanks juelle :). I don't have a blog, I do have a Artstation, Deviantart, and Instagram page though.

Oh that's fine! please share your links!

(10-11-2016, 06:34 PM)juelle Wrote: Oh that's fine! please share your links!

http://graphics-pp.deviantart.com/
https://www.artstation.com/artist/ambiguity
https://www.instagram.com/gogetalvl4/
<3 your stuff!!