Hello from Paris
Hello! I go by the nickname of Helianthe and I live in Paris, France. 
Like many I know this forum thanks to Noah Bradley's "Don't go to art school". I bookmarked the forum but never actually signed until now. 
I am currently in an art school, but despite the fact that it is not my first art school and that I have met many people since I finished high school, I never really succeeded in having a group of motivated fellow artists/ friends to hang out with. I have a difficult relationship with schools in general and after a self taught year I joined the school I am currently in, but due to a lot of health issues I missed a lot of classes and so it's been more than 2 years I am more or less on my own. It makes me put a lot of pressure on myself and it kinda makes drawing a stressful activity rather than an enjoyable one, so I've decided to share my drawings and enter a community so it can become a fun and fullfilling experience again. And that's why I'm here!

More on myself:
I am 21. I am really interested in concept art and animation, mostly 2D, and I am currently obsessed with Dragon Age (I finished inquisition and started Origins, planning to finish it once I'm on vacation). I also have a tumblr and other social media accounts but I don't upload them often. I hope to meet you guys on the sketchbook threads (and other threads too!) and will go find myself an avatar and create my own  sketchbook thread as soon as I hit the post button :D 
Cheers!
Bon jour!

Hi Helianthe. That sounds like a rough experience you're having.. But hey, if you're okay with having online personalities as peers then you've swung by to the right place! It took me aback how nice people generally are here, and I hope you'll get the same experience as I do.

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! Here's to having a meaningful stay!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead