Gotta Get Better
Hello there, 
As I said in my introduction post, I am starting my sketchbook thread. I don't see the point in clogging the thread with too old drawings because I want to move forward and progress, so I am going to post the drawings I'm doing in my current sketchbook. Sorry if it's a bit dirty, my sketchbook has thin, see-through pages, I cleaned a bit but it's still rough.

I'll start with the oldest one (almost 1 month ago)  and I'll upload some more tomorrow!

I have to give a 120 pages sketchbook to my school so all my studies go there. Once I'm done with it I'll probably post digital painting stuff  too :) I might even start to make some very soon because I have less than 60 pages left.

I started with some skulls, mostly from Anatomy4sculptors and Gottfried Bammes' "Complete Guide to Life Drawing".

[Image: sketch10.jpg]

More Gottfried Bammes: 

[Image: sketch11.jpg]

Studies of posespace's models:

[Image: sketch12.jpg]

This is a copy from a concept art piece of Tevinter architecture, from The Art of Dragon Age: Inquisition. The building below is from a promotional photo of England, for tourism I think?

[Image: sketch13.jpg]

I also love copying from Willwestonstudio . I think his stuff is great, and really informative when combined to other sources. 

[Image: sketch14.jpg]

Hands studies. Some from Stefano Lanza , some from photo refs (probably pixelovely)

[Image: sketch15.jpg]

More studies, trying to be accurate. David and a model from posespace. 

[Image: sketch16.jpg]

[Image: sketch17.jpg]

Leg studies, all from either WillWestonStudio or Gottfried Bammes' book.

[Image: sketch18.jpg]

[Image: sketch19.jpg]

Voilà!
Welcome to the Daggers!  Thumbs_up

Great start to your sketchbook. your Figures are really well done and nice to look at.

Can't wait to see more!

Thanks a lot man! 

There are the last of today's batch, I couldn't post them because of the 10 images limit :p 

More studies of the leg featuring the angry face memo (it helps to know the relation between the muscles of the "lower leg")

[Image: sketch21.jpg]

[Image: sketch20.jpg]

Sorry for my English, I'm French!

SKETCHBOOK THREADTUMBLR - REDBUBBLE 

-
I'M BACK!

Sorry for being inactive for so long, especially when I just arrived... but my hand got injuried and since then my life has been pretty crazy. I really want to connect with the artists on this forum though so here I am again!

I'd like to share with you a piece I did for the character design challenge of last month. The theme was gladiators as you probably know. It was my first submission and I am glad that I finished it in time. I think that despite all the imperfections I still improved a lot .(I improved while doing it too and I think I'll do better next time!)

I find it quite stiff and I think the anatomy is messed up lol. What do you guys think?  

[Image: gladia11.jpg]

-
(12-05-2016, 03:17 AM)Helianthe Wrote: Sorry for being inactive for so long, especially when I just arrived... but my hand got injuried and since then my life has been pretty crazy. I really want to connect with the artists on this forum though so here I am again!

Hey Helianthe. A lot of CD members are on Discord. Here's the link https://discord.gg/azX8fwT. I can understand how the forum format isn't conducive enough to hold a conversation and maybe Discord might help with that.

Get well soon and awesome work!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(12-05-2016, 10:43 PM)John Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 03:17 AM)Helianthe Wrote: Sorry for being inactive for so long, especially when I just arrived... but my hand got injuried and since then my life has been pretty crazy. I really want to connect with the artists on this forum though so here I am again!

Hey Helianthe. A lot of CD members are on Discord. Here's the link https://discord.gg/azX8fwT. I can understand how the forum format isn't conducive enough to hold a conversation and maybe Discord might help with that.

Get well soon and awesome work!

Hey John, thanks a lot! A CD discord is a great idea, I'll go right about now! Thanks again for the link!

-