Intuos Pro pen frustration
Hey everyone. Old lurker here, new name.  I'm having issues with my intuos pro tablet pen of recent.  It no longer seems to sense when I press down lightly, so I have to really press hard from certain angles. I'm not sure if my nib is being defective (I just changed it) or if the sensors in the pen are malfunctioning. I didn't change any settings, and I checked to make sure the sensitivity was the same as it was before.  
Edit: if anyone has some idea about settings that could help, I would be very appreciative. Something could have changed without me knowing and I'm hoping that's the case rather than it being my pen that's defective.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could fix this? I'm really, really frustrated that this intuos tablet (the pen) is already causing me problems after merely 3 years of use. The one I owned before I had for 10 years without any issues. I would buy the pen itself if that were an option but from browsing the wacom store, it doesn't appear they sell replacement pens, unless I overlooked it. I'm not really in a position to be replacing, but I'm not sure what else to do. :/
Hey aere!

My old Bamboo pen used to respond that way. Changed the nibs thinking that was the issue. The need to hit the tablet at a certain angle. Shaking it like it was running out of ink. I went through the same thing. The problem with mine was the thing that's holding the nib was cracked. That thing attached to the board. It broke because I was treating my old pen as if it was made of wood!

Quick and dirty solutions:
1. Use the eraser tip for drawing. Most models have eraser pressure sensitivity! And some painting softwares recognize the eraser tip same as the pen tip.
2. Touch mode if you have that.
3. Try to crack the thing open, see it for yourself if you can fix it yourself. (Bad idea!)
4. Buy a new one. Or, if you're a cheapskate like me, a second hand model.

What I did:
Usually, there's a Wacom distributor in every country. I looked them up, got in contact with them, and luckily for me they had a replacement pen in stock. My Bamboo (still in use) is a 2009 model. And I got my replacement pen just last year. It takes a little bit of research who they are (I found the distributor through Facebook). Unless you're from the Philippines, that's all the information I can provide!

Good luck with that! Let me know how it goes!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Have you tried updating your drivers? Or perhaps restart your current driver.

Hey John, thanks so much for all the tips. I'm probably too chicken too crack open my pen just yet---it works most of the time, it seems to only be an issue when the pen is tilted from a certain angle. I'll definitely see about contacting Wacom and see if there's a way to acquire just a pen replacement.

Brushnoir- I'll give that a try. I would be ecstatic if it were as simple as that but I get the feeling it isn't so.