looking for strong work ethic (any level)
Hi, 
My name's David i'm an aspiring illustrator/concept artists based in the UK.  I've been seriously drawing for 3 years and now plan to  "cut through the crap" and get a job asap. Presently i have plenty of free time and will continue to do so for a few months due to the summer holidays. Another important note is that i have 'very' limited social life which i will use to my advantage. All in all i'm looking for someone that's in a similar situation as i am and perhaps most importantly someone that has a strong work ethic and is dedicated.

I consider myself an intermediate level artist and even though i feel your level shouldn't matter it is preferable if you've been doing art for some time. As i said though the most important attribute is dedication and work ethic. Also i'll be willing to give advice too if needed.

i'm am aiming to do 7 hours a day. 7 hours of study and portfolio work. i have done these hours easy before, but now currently i'm struggling to do even do 2 hours. i really wanna get good and have an art job.

I'm no stranger to weird schedules and can adapt to a different time zone if needed. As i said i have done the whole going-all-hardcore thing in the past.

I'm not expecting a ton of replies but please don't hesitate to send me a message even if the time stamp of this post is over year old :). knowing my self i'm pretty sure i'll still be looking.

My art
http://xpbonus.deviantart.com/
https://www.artstation.com/artist/davidlopez
Hi David,

I'm in a similar position. I'm currently aiming to create an illustration portfolio with a character focus (check my sketchbook via link in the signature to see what I'm working on) and I've just finished uni, so art is my full time commitment at the moment, and I'd like to make it a paying commitment ASAP. Bonus: I'm also based in the UK so we're in the same time zone :)

I've got loads of time in my hands, but I don't feel like I'm using it well enough. 7 hrs is a great aim. That's about what I should be doing, and I wish I could say that I'm consistently achieving that, but I'm not. I think that having a partner might help me to push up my hours (like, if I see someone working hard and there's a direct comparison to myself then I'll probably feel motivated to match their hours and their effort).

At the moment I'm trying to create a portfolio piece every week which reflects the best of my abilities and to use my studies each week to support that portfolio piece (so my studies are focused on whatever subject matter goes into the portfolio).

So, yeah, I think maybe we're in a similar position. Send me a PM or something if you're interested.

-   Sketchbook   -