[Image: artsummary.jpg]

My 2020 summary of art
[Image: cherribomb72.jpg]

Cherri Bomb from Hazbin Hotel, fanart
[Image: castlecourtyard.png]
[Image: skeletonknight72.jpg]

Skeleton knight concept art
[Image: barbarianconcept72.jpg]
Hi GenesisVandrake, you have a really nice variety of pieces. Really like the color choices you make, each piece feel very "unified" if that makes sense. Do you just think of subject matters to paint from your imagination or are you inspired by something specfic that you see or experience?
(12-23-2020, 10:53 AM)tchangchang Wrote: Hi GenesisVandrake, you have a really nice variety of pieces. Really like the color choices you make, each piece feel very "unified" if that makes sense. Do you just think of subject matters to paint from your imagination or are you inspired by something specfic that you see or experience?
Thanks a lot! Well, the first thing I do is think of an idea, then I look for many illustrations similar to what I want to do to reference myself and I proceed to look for references of clothes and things like that to make the illustrations
[Image: elfoconcept72.jpg]
[Image: enanopathfinder72.jpg]
[Image: magaconcept72.jpg]
[Image: personajespaizo.jpg]
[Image: character%2B%25281%2529.jpg]

Happy new year!

Doing some twitch emotes for practice

[Image: emotes.jpg]
[Image: emotestwitch2.jpg]
[Image: nissa72.jpg]

Nissa fanart
[Image: garruk72.jpg]
Garruk fanart
Your colors are looking better and better!

Thanks! here's my last piece
[Image: hollowknightfanart72.jpg]
[Image: todoroki72.jpg]

New painting, my hero academia fanart
[Image: fondoflorales.png]
[Image: hornet72.jpg]
Good job on the last couple of pieces, but I still felt like there was a bit of room for improvement. I think you need to keep in mind your edges. Your works are full of hard edges, even in the corners of your canvas. This takes away from your focal point a bit.

I softened up the edges in the areas not in the focal point. I then added a dark vignette to the edges to further reinforce the contrast of the character's head. 

Afterward, I added a blue tint to all the colors to tie the color scheme together. I then added a bit of grain to smoothen out the brush strokes a tiny bit more.

Hope it helps! Keep up the good work! :)