Hey
Hey everyone.
I'm 26 and have recently graduated culinary school. I realized while I was there that art is the only career I see myself doing happily for the rest of my life. So I'm currently teaching myself the techniques to become a concept artist. I'm also gonna dabble in 2D animation. Since art college is too steep for me in price I'm going to study using online tools and forums as well as take classes online and at local Ateliers. 

I'll post my stuff as soon as I can get my scanner to work and download the images. Otherwise I'll have to use my camera or just upload digital works only.

I'm really glad I found a good community of other artists who want to study and learn from each other. I'll try to help out as much as I can and would appreciate any advice you could give me on my art. 

See you around.
Hey Redmoxie,

You know what's funny? Working as a line cook made me realize I wanted to do art so badly. I hit that realization around your age too. I had breaks where I just whip out a piece of paper and doodle if I wasn't tired enough for a nap. When I left, I was immediately on my way to doing comics for our local comic book convention with a bunch of friends.

There's little to no difference to the approach in cooking and illustration. They are essentially both arts and crafts. It's a lot of self-awareness and self-dedication. Like cooking, illustration is about making mistakes, realizing that you did, just working on it until you get it right. You will go through a bunch of overcooked, dry chicken before you can achieve and deliver consistent juicy succulent ones.

I am babbling.

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers and hope you'd find your experience here meaningful!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Thanks John. It's nice to meet someone who came from a similar background. Especially a someone who figured out what they wanted to do later in life. I always find comfort in meeting other adult learners.

Anyway I'm off to work cya later.
haha then you will LOVE me. I started self-teaching at 33. :) Welcome aboard man, start your sketchbook dude, get stuck into the community and grow with it!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Yeeahhh go adult learners! \o/

And ty. Glad to be here. :> Just made the sketchbook and Im gonna start filling it.