Elm's Sketchbook
Was sent here to get better. So uh, here's some stuff, and I'll be posting WIPs in the future, and hopefully in a years time I'll suck less. 
Started painting in photoshop around september last year. Still need to improve my understanding of values and anatomy and hands, dear God. After that, hopefully environments, animals and colours will improve, and maybe some not so 2D things. 

CRITIQUE ALWAYS WELCOME
Even if I finish a piece and move on, I appreciate the critique because hey, I could learn from it and implement it in the next piece. :)

August 2016
Character Stuff

[Image: jG3ksnx.png?1][Image: dfFehjK.png?1]
[Image: gVKsfl2.png]
[Image: QLTaUrW.png?1][Image: Lx8SZ3Q.png?1]
Item Stuff
[Image: 7FLzawH.png][Image: NIP1CJR.png][Image: 9rcirft.png][Image: b6EtgGB.png][Image: ysyZy4c.png][Image: z9tjVAd.png][Image: cN8cxA3.png]

Older Stuff
[Image: jMtBUPd.jpg][Image: Dwukw08.jpg]
[Image: nXhvu7I.jpg][Image: du2E4lB.jpg]
Aiming to spend 30 hours a week doing digital art until I go back to Uni. Currently lining this chick. 
[Image: p21iaj6.png]
[Image: ea6VH42.png]

Edit: Tried fixing the mess of her hands and face.
[Image: pLBp2Gx.png]
Still got a lot of exploring to do on the forums...
Working on another character today. I have no idea how to paint bear fur apparently, crit greatly appreciated! Will most likely continue tomorrow.

[Image: wHuJ5Hu.png]
Still having some trouble with the fur on the bear, 
but did this guy today, was a nice break. 

Finally got the bear guy to a stage I like

Moving onto this chick . 

Trying to get back to drawing on paper. 
[Image: 9d1U9D9h.jpg]
Also more to that chick 

You know I lost the URL to this site?
Some things I missed out.

I also finished my 2nd year by doing some 3D enviro as a team. I did the organic models and their textures. 
Ohh, I never posted my items. 

Just completed this set of crops for someone. :) 

Ah.. Currenly working on another NPC.. but I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to animals. 
This is the current WIP. 

Slow Progress, 

Hi Elm,

You got some pretty skills too, Nice work, I think you're strong part is on that asset art you've done for a game those vegies stuffs, looks real and stylize as well. Also congrats on the 3D animation you had their, looks amazing. It reminds me of no man's sky game. the render is stunning and beautiful congrats to your team keep it up.

And for your style I like how you keep in mind those details, the texturing parts, I suggest to maybe improve more the anatomy for your human illustrations but all in all looks good. If you keep that style and improve it more maybe it will be a good asset for you. This can be use for book illustration.
Congrats, keep on doing.

Cheers

(08-02-2017, 07:18 PM)G.Cell Wrote: Hi Elm,

You got some pretty skills too, Nice work, I think you're strong part is on that asset art you've done for a game those vegies stuffs, looks real and stylize as well. Also congrats on the 3D animation you had their, looks amazing. It reminds me of no man's sky game. the render is stunning and beautiful congrats to your team keep it up.

And for your style I like how you keep in mind those details, the texturing parts, I suggest to maybe improve more the anatomy for your human illustrations but all in all looks good. If you keep that style and improve it more maybe it will be a good asset for you. This can be use for book illustration.
Congrats, keep on doing.

Cheers

Thanks man! 
Yeah, I think I need to go back to some fundamentals. This character is my last job right now, which is a little worrying as money is tight! But I'll defo be doing some of the drawabox.com lessons. Hard when I need to find a financial revenue too. 
Super minor update but I think I'm going to put this one to rest.

Gorgeous, gorgeous style. I'm excited to see where it goes now that you're adding in some more fundamental practice. Do you perhaps have an Instagram where I cans see and follow your work more easily?

(08-08-2017, 01:47 PM)dangelowallaceart Wrote: Gorgeous, gorgeous style. I'm excited to see where it goes now that you're adding in some more fundamental practice. Do you perhaps have an Instagram where I cans see and follow your work more easily?

Ohgosh, sorry for the super super late reply! Ironically, despite forgetting to post here, I am trying to post on instagram every day for as long as I can!

You can find it here: https://www.instagram.com/elmcomics

My 'style' isn't where I want it yet, and I'm afraid I'm not improving fast enough.
Working on a background for a Visual Novel :)
Still posting other things daily on Instagram!
[Image: dSYg4Pr.png?2]
Working on a painting, trying to improve my composition work. Also news, I applied for a comic con table and will be sharing with my friend! So plenty of art in the upcoming weeks to make for that, I will also be making a comic for my Final Major Project at University.
[Image: DxL7YWil.png]
[Image: bVIE4dBl.png]
[Image: sRSleirl.png] 
[Image: 2CeR5bWl.jpg]
[Image: lwk5ThSl.png]